PDA

View Full Version : Forum: Fixed width or full width...?

sherlock-holmes
March 16th, 2006, 01:21 AM
Just trying to get what the community feels (from a poll rather than a thread of chat) on the display and menu layout...

John.Michael.Kane
March 16th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Well it would help if you posted the poll so user's can vote. there's no option to vote on your poll.

MetalMusicAddict
March 16th, 2006, 01:23 AM
You should add the poll. I dont like the fixed width.

sherlock-holmes
March 16th, 2006, 01:28 AM
here is the poll.... there is a lag between message and poll !!!!
what do u think????

mstlyevil
March 16th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Just a note for those who choose to participate in this poll, the forum staff will not be looking in this thread for comments since we have a official thread already. Here is the link to the official thread.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=144754

neoflight
March 17th, 2006, 01:36 AM
Just a note for those who choose to participate in this poll, the forum staff will not be looking in this thread for comments since we have a official thread already. Here is the link to the official thread.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=144754

Thats ok.... there is no poll in that thread and the all the discussions are kinda crowded and dis-organized..... this is poll and someday someone will look into it...

iam voting for the new menu and full width....

a poll gives clearcut interest rather than thoughts from various angles.... if we are looking for subjective discussions then go to that forum....if u want to see what people think in a second then use the poll....

vayu
March 17th, 2006, 08:27 AM
I'm extremely dis-enchanted with the fixed width. I like to have several windows open at a time, often side by side. Forcing me to open the window to a wider width or scroll doesn't seem right. It's my desktop real estate, should someone else should dictate how I have to arrange it?

I just went to 7 of the forums that I have bookmarked and not one of them have a fixed width. Each one of them sizes the content to fit in the available window width.

I appreciate the hard work being done, I don't want to sound unappreciative, I can't help it, I find the fixed width annoying.

Stormy Eyes
March 17th, 2006, 03:49 PM
As far as I'm concerned, forcing me to resize my window to accomodate your design is rude. Fixed width sucks.

neoflight
March 17th, 2006, 05:47 PM
IMO fixed width sucks.... its getting more and more painful to navigate....i have reading capability from side to side than top to bottom....

mstlyevil
March 17th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Thats ok.... there is no poll in that thread and the all the discussions are kinda crowded and dis-organized..... this is poll and someday someone will look into it...

iam voting for the new menu and full width....

a poll gives clearcut interest rather than thoughts from various angles.... if we are looking for subjective discussions then go to that forum....if u want to see what people think in a second then use the poll....

I will just clarify my first statement. The people responsible for doing the forum upgrades (Ubuntu Geek, Kassetra) will not be looking at this poll or this thread for feedback.

K.Mandla
March 17th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I run two firefox panels side-by-side on widescreen. Fixed width tends to throw things off the far side, but the full-width keeps things visible.

I really like the quick search fixture. I use that daily, and it's much more accessible than the fade-down search panel.

neoflight
March 17th, 2006, 09:45 PM
I will just clarify my first statement. The people responsible for doing the forum upgrades (Ubuntu Geek, Kassetra) will not be looking at this poll or this thread for feedback.

Ok...gotcha.... i certainly understood your point. My point was to have a poll...nothing more... to see how people reacted to the new layout schema. They might not look into this to make the decision. but this is just to express the feelings. No forcing intented.

Now I see that the page is getting wider and the 'Ubuntu Cafe' turned back to 'Ubuntu Community Chat'. Atleast its much better than a couple of days ago.