PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] does anyone think 110.04 is stable?(im thinking of upgrading to the beta)

termin
April 10th, 2010, 04:19 PM
i know its just 19 more days away until it comes out but is it stable? can i upgrade?
been hearing good things about it on blogs and i just wanted to make sure that it doesn't have problems like 9.10 it took me a whole month to get it to work fast. is it fast and stable? thanks!!!!

beta.tester
April 10th, 2010, 04:31 PM
i know its just 19 more days away until it comes out but is it stable? can i upgrade?
been hearing good things about it on blogs and i just wanted to make sure that it doesn't have problems like 9.10 it took me a whole month to get it to work fast. is it fast and stable? thanks!!!!

Hi

It is as stable as a beta 2 can be ;) Seriously for some users especially those who have the i3 i5 etc processors its great for the advanced screen resolutions etc..

Apart from that it is a lot faster to boot and I think at the time of writing this unless it is a production machine I am warily happy with it ;)

Keep on Ubuntuing and kind regards john

termin
April 10th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Hi

It is as stable as a beta 2 can be ;) Seriously for some users especially those who have the i3 i5 etc processors its great for the advanced screen resolutions etc..

Apart from that it is a lot faster to boot and I think at the time of writing this unless it is a production machine I am warily happy with it ;)

Keep on Ubuntuing and kind regards john

hi, sorry to bother you but is there a chance of memery lost (i lost some of my disk space when upgrading to 9.10) and i just wanted to ask to be sure before i go and install it. thanks for your help!

uRock
April 10th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't recommend upgrading. It has broken quite a few systems so far. A clean install will have much better results. Lucid is still in Beta, so you may run into crashes where data may be lost.

Cheers,
Ronnie

ubunterooster
April 10th, 2010, 04:56 PM
The alpha was really buggy. The beta2 works mostly fine for me, but there are more error messages for many than the Jaunty or Karmic releases.

Hold on a while longer before trying Lucid.

termin
April 10th, 2010, 05:11 PM
thanks for all the help so far. i decided to wait tell the final comes out just to be safe. also thanks for putting up with my bad English.

ubunterooster
April 10th, 2010, 05:24 PM
thanks for all the help so far. i decided to wait tell the final comes out just to be safe. also thanks for putting up with my bad English.
Don't worry; I did not notice anything about your language. Before I upgrade, I make a LiveUSB, boot off it, and check everything. If all goes well, I boot from my hard-drive and update. This is reccomendable even if it is no longer beta.

Sef
April 10th, 2010, 05:35 PM

It depends on your hardware. For me, it is fairly stable, but for others, it is not. I would run the live cd with all the updates and see how it does on your system.