PDA

View Full Version : Time spent in this forum

mesuhas_sit
April 10th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Just curious to know...
How much time do you all spend in this forum??

For me not less then 1 hour a day

RiceMonster
April 10th, 2010, 04:23 PM
28 hours a day.

Jay Car
April 10th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I probably spend a couple of hours here, most days. Generally, just reading and learning.

Frogs Hair
April 10th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Being a new user I spend a lot of time here. Everyday I learn new commands and tips, it's
fun to open the terminal and use what you have learned on the spot.

Phrea
April 10th, 2010, 05:52 PM
An hour, maybe.

Joeb454
April 10th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Any time I'm on the computer at home, there's generally a tab with UF open in my browser ;)

MichealH
April 10th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I spend around 3/4 hours on here but even if I don't post i learn something new.

MooPi
April 10th, 2010, 05:58 PM
28 hours a day.
I can beat that, 30 hours in quadruple windows

praom2104
April 10th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Almost an hour. I just spend time learning over here.

cariboo
April 10th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I'm logged on to the forums on at least one computer all day, even if I'm nowhere near the office.

lisati
April 10th, 2010, 07:34 PM
A sizable chunk of my waking hours is spent here, unless there are domestic duties and other tasks to tend to. (As I hit "new reply", Mrs Lisati engaged my attention with a reflection on how some of the couples we know have split)

steveneddy
April 11th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Just curious to know...
How much time do you all spend in this forum??

For me not less then 1 hour a day

lightweight

Uncle Spellbinder
April 11th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Any time I'm on the computer at home, there's generally a tab with UF open in my browser
Same here. I generally have 4 Ubuntu Forum tabs open at any given time. Lucid Testing, Multimedia & Video, General and the Cafe.

swoll1980
April 11th, 2010, 04:03 AM
I probably spend an hour or so actively posting, but it is off and on through out the day.

Khakilang
April 11th, 2010, 05:09 AM
3 to 4 hour top. Just learning, browsing and finding solution. Just to make sure my computer perfectly.

chessnerd
April 11th, 2010, 05:17 AM
On average, probably about an hour or two a day. Generally I just go and read posts, occasionally voicing my own opinion or starting a discussion. Also, if I wreck something in my install, or can't figure out how to do something, and Google is of no use, I generally post about it in the help forums.

Also, I'd just like to point out that this poll (if you consider it such) suffers from a TERRIBLE sampling bias. The more time people spend on the forums, the more likely they are to post in this thread, so those who spend very little (and especially those who spend no time at all) aren't getting counted...

cariboo
April 11th, 2010, 07:23 AM
A sizable chunk of my waking hours is spent here, unless there are domestic duties and other tasks to tend to. (As I hit "new reply", Mrs Lisati engaged my attention with a reflection on how some of the couples we know have split)

It's going to be even worse, now that your name is in red. :)

mango42
April 11th, 2010, 10:15 AM
To answer the OP - I always have an Ubuntu tab open in Opera - mostly in the UbuntuStudio section. This my first post in the Cafe, as I picked up on the phrase above - "Google is of no use"

I second that as it has become far too political and 'Big Brother' over the years (remember how they emasculated Deja News? They buried ten years of incredible data from Usenet - never to be seen by regular users again)

May I recommend a powerful and non-intrusive alternative that doesn't act like some sort of global fascist database?

www.startpage.com (used to be called 'ixquick')

karthick87
April 11th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Not more than 3 hours per day.

whiskeylover
April 11th, 2010, 11:03 AM
2 hrs, 39 minutes and 20 seconds each day. As soon as I reach that quota I sto

lisati
April 11th, 2010, 11:11 AM
It's going to be even worse, now that your name is in red. :)

Good observation. :)

Pikestaff
April 11th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Depends-- if I'm in the midst of a new install and more likely to run into issues, I spend more time here.

Otherwise I try to pop in every day for long enough to see if there are any questions I can help answer :) Maybe 30 mins to an hour.

Phrea
April 11th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Like many here, I do always have a tab open on the forums, but it can go unchecked for hours at a time.

2 hrs, 39 minutes and 20 seconds each day. As soon as I reach that quota I sto

Well played sir.

Artificial Intelligence
April 11th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Any time I'm on the computer at home, there's generally a tab with UF open in my browser ;)

Same here, but that doesn't mean I'm always there when people sees me online on the forums.