PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with Shut Down in 9.10 since updates

Augustine325
April 10th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I've only recently switched to Ubuntu and overall I'm loving it. When i first installed it shut down perfectly from the GUI. After updating from the Update Manager, I've had problems. Now it shuts down but my PC doesn't power down.

I can manually make it shut and power down from the terminal with the command:
sudo shutdown -h -P now

or:

sudo poweroff

The fact that it works from the Terminal but not from the GUI suggests there might be a coding problem with the GUI but discovering and fixing that is way beyond my capabilties.

I've searched for answers in the Forums and tried adding the coding suggested in the grub file but all to no avail. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Augustine325
April 10th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Anyone?

RichardSM
April 29th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Hello 10.04rc USERS

I just installed 10.04rc looks real nice had some problems getting connected seems to work for now. Oh well my main concern is my computer won't fully shutdown screen goes to ubuntu logo and it stops at three of the red dots i hear a click and it just sets there. I had this same problem with distro 9.10 found the info in the forum so far no body has posted the problem this distro ?.Now I did try some of the 9.10 fixes no help I even did sudo shutdown -h now it went to the shutdown screen and stopped at the forth red dot any help I would be very thankful for. Again in advance thanks too ALL.......:)

My system is.

AMD Athlon 1400 Thunderbird
MSI Mother Board
Ram 512Kb
52x33x52x CD Writer
350W Power Supply
Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A USB
Tower Case