PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] windows vista-some boddy-help me

hoboy
April 10th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Please this is not windows forum, but I am desperated
I am using dual booting vista ubuntu.
I have reinstalled bough vista and ubuntu 9.10, Ubunt worked strait out of box,but vista network drivers wasn't installed, that mean I can not go to the internet,I have used 2 days now trying to find a driver for vista ultimate.
I am using Amilo desktop pi 3610.
I have download
http://ts.fujitsu.com/support/downloads.html
LAN and WLAN but don't know how to install it.
ok I need help

shaka_zulu
April 10th, 2010, 12:46 PM
You do not know how to install drivers for Windows? If i am not wrong all windows executable files are installing by double clicking on the icon.

hoboy
April 10th, 2010, 12:56 PM
You do not know how to install drivers for Windows? If i am not wrong all windows executable files are installing by double clicking on the icon.

Mnnnnnnnn the 2 files I tough that I should use, when I click on exe file of one of them it open a windows telling that it needs many different parameters, the other one does not have an exe files.

beta.tester
April 10th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Please this is not windows forum, but I am desperated
I am using dual booting vista ubuntu.
I have reinstalled bough vista and ubuntu 9.10, Ubunt worked strait out of box,but vista network drivers wasn't installed, that mean I can not go to the internet,I have used 2 days now trying to find a driver for vista ultimate.
I am using Amilo desktop pi 3610.
I have download
http://ts.fujitsu.com/support/downloads.html
LAN and WLAN but don't know how to install it.
ok I need help

Hi

Apologies if off-topic here!

It is simply double click the file you downloaded it should install, and being windows, you may need to reboot.

As an aside about Fujitsu, if you download their

DeskUpdate program (on the site! :) Install it by clicking on the item, it will automatically check for any missing or updated drivers and give you option of installing them (some may only be manual install so best to do them one by one)

Let us know how you get on, keep on Ubuntuing john

hoboy
April 10th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Hi

Apologies if off-topic here!

It is simply double click the file you downloaded it should install, and being windows, you may need to reboot.

As an aside about Fujitsu, if you download their

DeskUpdate program (on the site! :) Install it by clicking on the item, it will automatically check for any missing or updated drivers and give you option of installing them (some may only be manual install so best to do them one by one)

Let us know how you get on, keep on Ubuntuing john

<snip> I am exausted now.
I am taking break.

howefield
April 10th, 2010, 01:08 PM
If it is a zip file that you downloaded, extract the contents to a folder on your desktop. Then go into Control Panel > System > Device Manager and right click on the non working device and select update driver. Go through the wizard selecting the option to find the driver by looking in the folder you created.

Long time since I installed drivers in windows, so I'm working from memory, but hopefully that might give you a pointer...

Of course the best solution is to keep Vista for the simple pleasures in life and use Ubuntu for the real stuff, including internet access ;-)