PDA

View Full Version : To all interested parties

Zerp64
April 10th, 2010, 06:55 AM
To all interested parties:

I strongly suspect that AMD, Inc. has contracted with a local highschool across the way from their main ATI office to develop their Catalyst drivers for Linux.

That is all.

Just expressing my EXTREME frustration towards all things ATI.

NightwishFan
April 10th, 2010, 07:05 AM
If you need help try the support forums. I am assuming you have done so :D

Intel user here, slow but few issues.

3rdalbum
April 10th, 2010, 10:58 AM

I strongly suspect that AMD, Inc. has contracted with a local highschool across the way from their main ATI office to develop their Catalyst drivers for Linux.

Hey, these kids are in high demand for their programming work. They also do security auditing for Apple.

Frogs Hair
April 10th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Nvidia is no picnic either, at the moment there is a small number of over heating and fan speed issues reported on the driver developed to fix that problem.

Khakilang
April 10th, 2010, 03:22 PM
There a cheaper and more cost effective beside they learn a lot from corporation.

markbuntu
April 10th, 2010, 07:30 PM
If you are having technical issues teenagers are your best bet.

bash
April 10th, 2010, 07:56 PM
If you need help try the support forums. I am assuming you have done so :D

Intel user here, slow but few issues.

Well Intel probably hired them, that after they fixed every bug in the FGLRX driver, to write decent OpenGL support for their driver.

Doctor Mike
April 10th, 2010, 08:29 PM
If you are having technical issues teenagers are your best bet.Yes I know XP Athlon + ati, designed by kids and made for MS... It's on a slow learning curve for Linux.

phibxr
April 11th, 2010, 01:18 AM

That is all.

Since I could see the clear validity of this post, I picked up my phone to call the school for confirmation.

I got the headmaster on the phone, but since he was busy chomping a banana while trying to prove the Infinite Monkey Theorem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem) together with his students, I couldn't get any useful information out of him.

earthpigg
April 11th, 2010, 03:14 AM
i have no idea what is specifically being discussed in this thread.

what high school? what is the history that is being discussed here? is this satire?

undecim
April 11th, 2010, 03:47 AM

That is all.

I Don't think this is true. High-schoolers would write much better drivers.

cammin
April 11th, 2010, 05:17 AM
http://maps.google.com/maps?near=1+AMD+Pl%2C+Sunnyvale%2C+CA+94085-3905&geocode=CTf_8Msy4SWZFYd5OgIdSnK6-CHENPgv-lmWjQ&q=high+school&Search=Search

Which high school?