PDA

View Full Version : USA Proxy service required

fatality_uk
April 9th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I am trying to watch The Big Bang Theory on the CBS website and of course it isn't available n my region. I have tried a few proxy sites without success. Anyone know of a "proxy" site that can allow me to spoof I am based in the US to allow me to watch please?

Many thanks

Doctor Mike
April 9th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I am trying to watch The Big Bang Theory on the CBS website and of course it isn't available n my region. I have tried a few proxy sites without success. Anyone know of a "proxy" site that can allow me to spoof I am based in the US to allow me to watch please?

Many thanksGo to the direct link to the video... etc. click on copy link. Go to hidemyass.com and drop link into box. Works in Canada...

fatality_uk
April 9th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Tried mate. HMA just chucks it out as encrypted content *sigh*

chriswyatt
April 9th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Download UltraSurf and the Firefox plugin from here!

http://www.ultrareach.com/download_en.htm

Although it's an EXE it does work with Ubuntu via WINE. I used to use it for watching South Park videos and it served me well :)

fatality_uk
April 9th, 2010, 09:21 PM
UltraSurf. Heard a few bad things about that so might keep it back till exhausted other options, if there are any :( Thanks anyway.

whiskeylover
April 9th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Got a friend in the US? Ask him to create a user account for you on his Linux computer. Then use SSH tunneling to tunnel all your traffic thru his server.

scottuss
April 9th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Got a friend in the US? Ask him to create a user account for you on his Linux computer. Then use SSH tunneling to tunnel all your traffic thru his server.

I love that method, only 1 single point of failure and it's a pretty big one. You have to have a friend in the US. Lol! :p

whiskeylover
April 9th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I love that method, only 1 single point of failure and it's a pretty big one. You have to have a friend in the US. Lol! :p

I would help you out, but my mother taught me not to open SSH tunnels for strangers. : )

swoll1980
April 9th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I wouldn't trust any of those proxies . God only knows what they can do.

fatality_uk
April 9th, 2010, 10:05 PM
See what I am missing grr :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUpZ7trmmls&feature=related

handy
April 10th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Perhaps you can find a free proxy that works here:

http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy-list/Australia/fast/hide-planetlab/0/

[Edit:] That is the address for Oz, though you can choose from many places around the world on their site.

undecim
April 10th, 2010, 02:34 AM
If all else fails, you can use Tor. If you use Tork to control it, you can make your exit node always come from the US.

It will probably be a little slow though...

stmiller
April 10th, 2010, 03:17 AM
Get a 1and1.com hosting account - they have unlimited transfer. Then you can tunnel all your traffic through ssh and a US ip address. :P

sandyd
April 10th, 2010, 05:38 AM
theirs a few free vpn tunneling services in the us such as ultravpn(the website says paer of it is in the US but w/e). theirs also one called allonweb (or annonweb)(i cant spell it so your gunna have to fiddle with my spelling). their both free.

scottuss
April 10th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I would help you out, but my mother taught me not to open SSH tunnels for strangers. : )

Wise advice, you never know what you might get!

earthpigg
April 10th, 2010, 10:04 PM
@fatality_uk - i may be willing to hook you up with an account on my home server, in the US, for ssh tunneling. hit me up on gchat/jabber? (address here (http://sites.google.com/site/masonux/home/about-me))

not an unlimited and all the time thing, but 'from time to time use', and im assuming you would be willing to take our different time-zones into account when deciding to do something bandwidth-intensive :P

fatality_uk
April 10th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the posts guys but I really don't want to put anyone out. If there was a quick and dirty way, I would have gone for it. I REALLY appreciate the offers but I may just talk myself down to HMV tomorrow and buy the box set.

Thanks once again!!!

qwertyjjj
January 4th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Try out www.proxyplayer.net
I usually sign up for a few days when I want to watch some hockey or something...