PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] firefox on karmic freezes with hulu

mporterf
April 9th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Greetings,

I've seen several posts on other forums about problems similar to this but no solutions that apply to me. I've got the latest updates for karmic that I installed this week. I'm using an IBM T60 ThinkPad with 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M52 [Mobility Radeon X1300]. I have dual monitors and FireFox 3.5.8.

When I attempt to watch a movie on Hulu, it appears to work for a brief moment and then freezes and the browser window goes grey. I've left it sitting like that for over 15 minutes and eventually had to force quit it.

I'm able to use the Gnome desktop effects and have no problems viewing other multimedia, like YouTube, etc. I'm very new to Ubuntu and Linux in general. I'm a Mac head and still love Mac's but have grown very fond of Ubuntu in a short amount of time.

Thanks.

lovinglinux
April 9th, 2010, 09:21 PM
I can't say anything about Hulu, because I'm not allowed to use it, but you could take a look at the Flash Optimization section of Firefox optimization and troubleshooting thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1193567).