:KSEpsilon Aurigae:KS

180-year-old mystery solved

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8607841.stm

Doctor Mike
April 9th, 2010, 02:01 PM
:KSEpsilon Aurigae:KS

180-year-old mystery solved

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8607841.stm
Wasn't this also featured in a Star Trek episode "The Egg". The mystery isn't completely solved, however, because while they believe the companion to be a B5-type star, they are still collecting data. I was hoping for a black hole...

tica vun
April 9th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Wasn't this also featured in a Star Trek episode "The Egg". The mystery isn't completely solved, however, because while they believe the companion to be a B5-type star, there still collecting data. I was hoping for a black hole...

I don't understand this sentence? They're not there, collecting data, they're collecting data from here, on Earth. The telescopes and the rest of the technology involved are pretty amazing, still.

Doctor Mike
April 9th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I don't understand this sentence? They're not there, collecting data, they're collecting data from here, on Earth. The telescopes and the rest of the technology involved are pretty amazing, still.Do you really worry about spelling that much? If you wonder through this, or any other, forum long enough you'll find the spelling often sucx...

koenn
April 9th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Do you really worry about spelling that much? If you wonder through this, or any other, forum long enough you'll find the spelling often sucx...
If a post's meaning changes or becomse unclear because of misspellings, I'd say that is a reason for concern.

Doctor Mike
April 9th, 2010, 04:00 PM
If a post's meaning changes or becomse unclear because of misspellings, I'd say that is a reason for concern.I think it was obvious, but I've changed it if that makes someone happy...

tica vun
April 9th, 2010, 04:01 PM
It might be obvious or native speakers of English. I didn't intend to nitpick, I really did misunderstand your post.

Doctor Mike
April 9th, 2010, 04:10 PM
It might be obvious or native speakers of English. I didn't intend to nitpick, I really did misunderstand your post.Sorry, I forget that we who are native to the language are use to the often odd and confusing nature of its structure. Point taken, thank you.