PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else drink tons of milk?

Luke has no name
April 9th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I drink milk with italian food, sandwiches, breakfast, southern dinner, chocolate... I go through a gallon every two-three days by my self.

My friends think that's nuts. Discuss.

chris4585
April 9th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Yes, I often drink milk with dinner, especially italian foods, or anything chocolate. A gallon of milk in my house often goes in 3 - 4 days.

and lol @ our avatars.

PurposeOfReason
April 9th, 2010, 07:53 AM
A gallon every 2-3 days for me as well. I don't see it as weird, just delicious.

Warpnow
April 9th, 2010, 07:55 AM
I mix my tea with milk so run through alot. Half milk, half hot tea. Don't drink much by itself but do on occasion. Only problem is milk is very filling.

Elfy
April 9th, 2010, 07:59 AM
I mix my tea with milk so run through alot. Half milk, half hot tea. Don't drink much by itself but do on occasion. Only problem is milk is very filling.

so is gallons of tea :)

Dayofswords
April 9th, 2010, 08:02 AM
milk=yummy

trig
April 9th, 2010, 08:03 AM
heavy cream, milk has too many carbs. my wife has me on a diet.

Newt_Othis
April 9th, 2010, 08:23 AM
My 9 week old daughter drinks about a litre of milk a day.

(Anybody tasted formula? It's vile)

amitabhishek
April 9th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Lactose intolerance runs in my family :(. I substitute milk with soy alternatives.

Luke has no name
April 9th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Lactose intolerance runs in my family :(. I substitute milk with soy alternatives.

I think I have it too, at least, a mild case.

Doesn't stop me though >_>

I know a guy who's lactose intolerant and tried the gallon challenge. Didn't end well.

szymon_g
April 9th, 2010, 09:32 AM
milk? no, thanx. i'd rather prefer more healthy cheese- i can digest it without problems :)

vie_ascenseur
April 9th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I drink loads of milk - On it's own, in Tea, Milkshake...
*om nom guzzle gulp*
Yes, I love the CowJuice :)

wojox
April 9th, 2010, 11:03 AM
I know a guy who's lactose intolerant and tried the gallon challenge. Didn't end well.

I remember the first time I saw some one do the gallon challenge. Funniest thing ever.
Wish they had a projectile vomiting smilie.

Linuxforall
April 9th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Milk=gas, not digested specially when its taken in big quantities. Gives bad breath on top of that as it decays quickly in mouth.

Yogurt is a far healthier alternative but not taken in quantity.

whiskeylover
April 9th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I love milk more than whiskey.

Enough said.

tm222
April 9th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Milk!!!

sxmaxchine
April 9th, 2010, 12:23 PM
yea i drink milk a lot to i remember once i drank milk that was 5 days old and left out overnight because i was to lazy to walk to the fridge and i didnt get sick

LowSky
April 9th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Oddly I think I have less smelly gas when I eat milk products then when I don't... LOL.

RiceMonster
April 9th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I love milk. I usually drink 3 or 4 litres a week, I have it with most meals as well.

agnes
April 9th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I drink 1 litre in 2.5 days.

But I read that if you drink it together with vegetables/fruits the antioxidants in the vitamins will get "neutralised" by the milk. The calcium cabonate in milk is in the casein, but casein is hard to break down for your body. It is sort of a slimy thing that avoids resorption of other stuff like vitamins, minerals. I also read, that as an effect of this, people who drink lots of milk (with their meals), more often have iron shortage... but don't know a link to a paper. For cows casein is ok, they have four stomachs.

c00lwaterz
April 9th, 2010, 04:46 PM
I don't drink too much milk. Not good for my stomach. Lactose Intolerance also and I prefer to drink soy milk also.

If I drink a lot of Milk, my stomach is behaving abnormal.

Megrimn
April 9th, 2010, 05:02 PM
our family goes through a gallon a day. probably because two of us have cold cereal for every meal, including the fourth.

WinterRain
April 9th, 2010, 05:15 PM

They don't have lactose-free milk in India?

sdowney717
April 9th, 2010, 05:51 PM
milk is better for you than soda pop.
I only drink skim milk.
If you grew up on skim milk and try whole milk it is entirely too weird.
I also like real salted butter, ice cream, sour cream, and cheese.

I used to work with a lady who was anti milk, claimed it was only for baby cows, then she asked me if I was a baby cow.

sudoer541
April 9th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I love milk!!! I drink milk with Italiano food as well. YUMMY!!!!:)

themarker0
April 9th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Are you under twenty? If so its very good, because your bones need it :P

Lightstar
April 9th, 2010, 05:59 PM
5-6 glasses a week.
Usually chocolate milk.

kellemes
April 9th, 2010, 06:07 PM
One glass of Buttermilk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttermilk) every day.

http://z.about.com/d/dutchfood/1/G/u/0/-/-/karnemelkGLOSSARY.jpg

MasterNetra
April 9th, 2010, 06:21 PM
"Anyone else drink tons of milk?"

I don't think I can handle a ton of milk much less tons of it. :P

Shazaam
April 9th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Moo!
I drink a lot of milk as you can see by my avatar. My muscle mass, organs, and skin are gone but the Bones live on! :)

All silliness aside, an average of two 16oz glasses of milk a day works for me.

nubimax
April 9th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I have not drank milk since I sold the cow back in 68.
M.

kellemes
April 9th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I have not drank milk since I sold the cow back in 68.
M.

1968?
Sure.. you probably smoked the cow ;-)

XubuRoxMySox
April 9th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Two glasses with every meal (including cereal with milk) and every mid-day snack. Yummmmmmy!

Luke has no name
April 9th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Ya, I'm 21.

And someone suggested it causes iron shortage: I had my hemoglobin checked yesterday; 16 g/dL. In short, not bad.

Kingsley
April 9th, 2010, 11:35 PM
No, it's gross.

jwbrase
April 10th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Milk=gas, not digested specially when its taken in big quantities.

Gas and non-digestion are symptoms of lactose intolerance.

Interestingly enough though, Lactose intolerance is actually more common in humans than lactose tolerance. It's only certain ethnic groups, including northern Europeans, (Asian) Indians, and a few (but not all) African groups where the majority of people aren't lactose intolerant. Among humans in general the rate of lactose intolerance is over 70%.

As for my family, we drink about 4 gallons a week, of which my Dad drinks about 1, I drink around 2 (depending which meals I'm eating at home), my brother drinks a bit less than one, and my mom is lactose intolerant and can only drink a bit (enough for cereal, etc). I'm actually not drinking so much at the moment though, since I'm away from home this year and mostly eating at the school cafeteria or buying something from a Döner stand.

lisati
April 10th, 2010, 01:15 AM
I'm enjoying a mug of hot milk as I browse the forums. Good stuff. My usual drink, however, is instant coffee.

kleskjr
April 10th, 2010, 01:26 AM
ohhh. I just drunk a tone of beer..now wish it was a milk

blueshiftoverwatch
April 10th, 2010, 01:46 AM
I've pretty much stopped drinking milk altogether a few months ago. I've decided that since I'd probably be kind of grossed out if I had to drink a cup of milk from a random Human female's breasts. Than why would I want to drink milk that's not even from a member of my same species? That's even weirder. Plus the fact that milk is a beverage designed to fatten baby cows. I don't think adult animals (of any species) are really supposed to be drinking it after they're old enough to start eating real food.

I still eat dairy products, like cheese and occasionally ice cream. But as far as plain milk goes, I've switched to soy "milk". I actually prefer the taste of soy to real milk and it's about half the calories. The only thing it doesn't taste good on is Cheerios. I have yet to try soy milk in my tea or coffee. But I generally prefer those types of beverages without any kind of creamer to begin with.

Almond milk on the other hand, is disgusting. At least the brand of it I tried.

TheNessus
April 10th, 2010, 01:50 AM
I've pretty much stopped drinking milk altogether a few months ago. I've decided that since I'd probably be kind of grossed out if I had to drink a cup of milk from a random Human female's breasts. Than why would I want to drink milk that's not even from a member of my same species? That's even weirder. Plus the fact that milk is a beverage designed to fatten baby cows. I don't think adult animals (of any species) are really supposed to be drinking it after they're old enough to start eating real food.

I still eat dairy products, like cheese and occasionally ice cream. But as far as plain milk goes, I've switched to soy "milk". I actually prefer the taste of soy to real milk and it's about half the calories. The only thing it doesn't taste good on is Cheerios.

Almond milk on the other hand, is disgusting. At least the brand of it I tried.

I agree; it is gross. But I still use it for instant coffee. Soy milk costs double the cost of milk where I live, which is crap.

uRock
April 10th, 2010, 02:26 AM
I don't drink milk. I consume milk products. ie yogurt, cheese and occasionally ice cream.

JDShu
April 10th, 2010, 02:33 AM
I like milk and used to drink lots of it, but the amount of hormones that might be in it these days is scary.

Khakilang
April 10th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Does condense milk count?

mamamia88
April 10th, 2010, 04:50 AM
yes ice cold milk is one of my favorite beverages

uRock
April 10th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I just had some ice cold tequila, yummy. JDShu pointed out one of the main reason I don't drink milk.

aldld
April 10th, 2010, 04:55 AM
I get sick whenever I drink milk by itself. Also I'm not a huge fan of the taste, so I usually only ever have it with cereal.

Of course, I love cheese, because it is awesome, and I can actually digest it.