PDA

View Full Version : new theory: our universe is inside a black hole from a bigger universe

madjr
April 8th, 2010, 08:18 PM
http://newsinfo.iu.edu/pub/libs/images/usr/6509.jpg

is not a bad theory (kinda logical)

the dude explains the expansion of the universe

white holes

and some problems with the big bang theory

i guess we can call this the BIG HOLE THEORY

http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/13995.html

so in the end this means that we live inside matrix and a blackhole is just a new partition ^^

sdowney717
April 8th, 2010, 08:25 PM
also the universe is flat.
flat not curved, not spherical
think about it, the universe has something called dark energy and dark matter and is flat like a pancake.
http://www.universetoday.com/guide-to-space/the-universe/flat-universe/

http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-is-dark-energy/

swoll1980
April 8th, 2010, 08:32 PM
also the universe is flat.
flat not curved, not spherical
think about it, the universe has something called dark energy and dark matter and is flat like a pancake.
http://www.universetoday.com/guide-to-space/the-universe/flat-universe/

http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/what-is-dark-energy/

You say these things as if you knew them to be true.

fatality_uk
April 8th, 2010, 08:38 PM
All wrong.

My theorem, which is now being taken on board by smaller minds than mine is that we exist in a relative, multi-dimensional, multi-universal state which has always existed. Our small, human grasp of linear space-time doesn't enable us to fully appreciate this fact.

However, each dimension filters matter and energy to each other through conduits such as black/white, nonsingular black holes and other "portals" such as illusives.

The creations of each "new" universe is simply matter/energy transfer from one to the next, resulting in a "BIG BANG".

And all of this is contained within a marble!

p.s. Hawking has already nicked a couple of ideas from me so I might delete this post in a few seconds!! Can't make it TOO easy for him.

Directive 4
April 8th, 2010, 08:52 PM
the universe is approximately flat,

but that's just due to inflation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatness_problem

LowSky
April 8th, 2010, 08:56 PM
And all of this is contained within a marble!

Wasn't that the ending of the movie Men in Black?

fatality_uk
April 8th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Wasn't that the ending of the movie Men in Black?

PING! You get 100 points ;)

Chronon
April 8th, 2010, 09:07 PM
The idea of our visible universe existing within a horizon is not that new. I encountered this idea at least 10 years ago as an undergraduate.

fatality_uk
April 8th, 2010, 09:10 PM
The idea of our visible universe existing within a horizon is not that new. I encountered this idea at least 10 years ago as an undergraduate.

And have you given me credit for it, NO!

juancarlospaco
April 8th, 2010, 09:16 PM
The universe is not the universe, it is just a SymLink to the real one...

Psumi
April 8th, 2010, 09:33 PM
The universe is not the universe, it is just a SymLink to the real one...

Great Scott, the "Virtual World" Theory from Star Ocean: Till The End of Time, lives!

jeri_teh_jerbil
April 8th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Great Scott, the "Virtual World" Theory from Star Ocean: Till The End of Time, lives!

maybe we're all in a giant (the)sims game?

Fenris_rising
April 8th, 2010, 09:40 PM

Or as in the Thirteenth Floor

Megrimn
April 8th, 2010, 09:52 PM
So black holes really don't crush everything inside of them?

Random_Dude
April 8th, 2010, 10:05 PM
http://mob11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/V12US/exzibit2.jpg?t=1261793149

Chronon
April 8th, 2010, 10:14 PM
and have you given me credit for it, no!

lol

tgalati4
April 8th, 2010, 10:15 PM
<?php
$Head_Explodes = false;
while($Head_Explodes !== true)
$Our_Universe =& $Some_Larger_Universe
$Some_Larger_Universe =& $Some_Even_Larger_Universe
if (isset($Some_Even_Larger_Universe) != true) $Head_Explodes = true;
endwhile;
?>

Chronon
April 8th, 2010, 10:18 PM
So black holes really don't crush everything inside of them?
You will get crushed when you merge with the singularity. Usually you will be torn apart by tidal forces before you reach the singularity.

juancarlospaco
April 8th, 2010, 10:21 PM
omgwtfphp

fatality_uk
April 8th, 2010, 10:45 PM
<?php
$Head_Explotes = false;
while($Head_Explodes !== true)
$Our_Universe =& $Some_Larger_Universe
$Some_Larger_Universe =& $Some_Even_Larger_Universe
if (isset($Some_Even_Larger_Universe) != true) $Head_Explodes = true;
endwhile;
?>

WOAH. How nerdy is THAT??? Explaining multi-dimensional universes in PHP

KUDOS!!!:P

standingwave
April 8th, 2010, 11:37 PM
And that bigger universe is on the back of a turtle, right?

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/string_theory.png

tgalati4
April 8th, 2010, 11:40 PM
In pseudo code:

My head is currently intact.

While I'm alive I will do the following:

Live in a world that is equivalenced to another, larger universe. (When one changes the other instanstaneously changes.)

But that larger universe is really equivalenced to an even larger universe.

If this even-larger universe does not exist, then my current world does not exist either (through equivalencing)--my head explodes. The loop quits.

Otherwise, I keep living in my current world. Ignorant bliss.

JDShu
April 8th, 2010, 11:42 PM
maybe we're all in a giant (the)sims game?

Now I'll know whats happening if my door disappears.

yester64
April 8th, 2010, 11:55 PM
is not a bad theory (kinda logical)

the dude explains the expansion of the universe

white holes

and some problems with the big bang theory

i guess we can call this the BIG HOLE THEORY

http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/13995.html

so in the end this means that we live inside matrix and a blackhole is just a new partition ^^

Well, its is foremost a theory and as such needs to be tested.
No one knows for sure how the 'big bang' really occurred or from what. We only see the remains from that point.
Everything else is speculation and can not be proof en so far.
Since everything entering a black hole will not escape, so it is only logical that information once entered will be lost entirely.
If there is a bridge which would connect two universe it is speculative what would come out on the other side.
I don't think i will see an answer to that in my lifetime.

sirius0
April 8th, 2010, 11:56 PM
And have you given me credit for it, NO!

Hi fatality_uk,
Fascinating that such an old old idea can still get published! There is hope for us both! Although I think you will succeed in a different universe to this one! tee hee.

blueshiftoverwatch
April 9th, 2010, 12:01 AM
I think that the entire universe as we know it is actually just a really advanced simulator (like Spore) that's being played on the computer of a 5yo child named Hkshssshnyr that belongs to a race of hyper intelligent centipede-like creatures.

Try to prove that it isn't, you can't. Therefore my theory is just as valid as the plethora of other theories that are bounced around and talked about as though they were facts. Every time something that can't be scientifically explained happens, it's just an error in the game's source code.

fatality_uk
April 9th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Hi fatality_uk,
Fascinating that such an old old idea can still get published! There is hope for us both! Although I think you will succeed in a different universe to this one! tee hee.

Have I just been "dissed"?
lmao :P

Chronon
April 9th, 2010, 12:17 AM
I think that the entire universe as we know it is actually just a really advanced simulator (like Spore) that's being played on the computer of a 5yo child named Hkshssshnyr that belongs to a race of hyper intelligent centipede-like creatures.

Try to prove that it isn't, you can't. Therefore my theory is just as valid as the plethora of other theories that are bounced around and talked about as though they were facts.

It seems like you may be confusing a theory for a conjecture.

sisco311
April 9th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Oh, so there is another univers. Well, that explains why I can't find my keys.

/hm, probably my sence of humor is somewhere there...

fatality_uk
April 9th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Oh, so there is another univers. Well, that explains why I can't find my keys.

/hm, probably my sence of humor is somewhere there...

It explains a LOT. Like where all my socks go as well as keys :P

sisco311
April 9th, 2010, 12:35 AM
It explains a LOT. Like where all my socks go as well as keys :P

I guess this bigger universe is 42.

fib(∞) -> ∞
fib(N) -> fib(N+2) - fib(N+1)

fromthehill
April 9th, 2010, 01:06 AM
the galaxy is on orion's belt

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3229/2324121196_11e6b69164_m.jpg

aklo
April 9th, 2010, 01:43 AM
yeah whatever they say because nobody will ever find an answer ...at least till we get the technology to travel to the edge of universe...

I rather believe that our universe is just a speckle of sand on an unknown beach on earth...so you just imagine how big space is...

Since we know there is a 4th dimension already...my theory..there are actually a 5th dimension

now does that makes me famous? Comon quote this and paste on your blog or whatever

handy
April 9th, 2010, 02:39 AM
You can find an answer.

But if you do go inside & get an answer it is counter productive to tell anyone as they will think that you are full of shite.

The crux of the biscuit (as Frank Zappa sang) is that we are a part of an eternal unity of consciousness.

Beyond that knowledge... Who cares? :)

Oops, I said too much again. :lolflag:

Doctor Mike
April 9th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Well, its is foremost a theory and as such needs to be tested.
No one knows for sure how the 'big bang' really occurred or from what. We only see the remains from that point.
Everything else is speculation and can not be proof en so far.
Since everything entering a black hole will not escape, so it is only logical that information once entered will be lost entirely.
If there is a bridge which would connect two universe it is speculative what would come out on the other side.
I don't think i will see an answer to that in my lifetime.According to the 'Big Hole Theory'... (we all live in a yellow submarine black hole) the background radiation thought to signify 'the big bang' is a white hole leaking... that's also why physics and beer don't work well together...

Doctor Mike
April 9th, 2010, 03:04 PM
yeah whatever they say because nobody will ever find an answer ...at least till we get the technology to travel to the edge of universe...

I rather believe that our universe is just a speckle of sand on an unknown beach on earth...so you just imagine how big space is...

Since we know there is a 4th dimension already...my theory..there are actually a 5th dimension

now does that makes me famous? Comon quote this and paste on your blog or whateverI think were up to about 11 dimensions now...

fatality_uk
April 9th, 2010, 03:09 PM
now does that makes me famous? Comon quote this and paste on your blog or whatever

I would if you were right :)