PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Automatic resizing on desktop borders

cespinal
April 8th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Ohai!

Here, I found a fantastic feature in KDE 4.4.2, in which you can drag the windows to the lateral desktop edges, they will automatically resize occupying the whole height of the screen, and half the width of it. If you do the same, but using the upper desktop edge, the windows maximize (see pic). This is unbelievably usefull when doing homeworks or reviewing lots of documents. Add the feature of tapping the window border of a given window using two fingers in the touchpad (or just left and right mouse buttons on the mouse)and such window goes to the back revealing the next one. Gone are the days where you had to minimize windows like crazy or spend time finding windows in your cluttered dock/taskbar/panel. Im totally loving it...

Now, is there a way to achieve this on gnome? My gf and best friend (ubuntu evangelist here) are using ubuntu now on a daily basis and I would love to teach them this kinda stuff.

oh and btw. The other day saw a windows 7 demo showing these things as their UBER SUPER INNOVATIVE GROUND-BREAKING, CUTTING EDGE features.... COME ON!!!!!!!!

anyway...

cheers to you all..

stinkeye
April 8th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Get Aero Snap in Ubuntu (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2009/11/aero-snap-ubuntu-linux.html)

and

gconf-editor > /apps/metacity/general/action_middle_click_titlebar
change the value to lower
and middle clicking the titlebar will send the window to the background.

cespinal
April 8th, 2010, 11:20 PM