PDA

View Full Version : Does JJ Abrams use Linux?

mamamia88
April 8th, 2010, 05:10 AM
just curious seeing how one of his characters on Lost is called Benjamin Linus.

samjh
April 8th, 2010, 05:25 AM

Probably not.

Linus is a Finnish name. Does that mean all Finns with the name "Linus" use Linux? ;)

rogerpittman
April 8th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Probably not...and seeing how badly things were screwing up on the Island, I wouldn't be surprised to find the Dharma computers running something like Windows 3.1.

mamamia88
April 8th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Probably not...and seeing how badly things were screwing up on the Island, I wouldn't be surprised to find the Dharma computers running something like Windows 3.1.

that would be hilarious they should do a mock up video of that kind of like that one "the matrix runs on xp" videos

mkendall
April 8th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Linus is a Finnish name. Does that mean all Finns with the name "Linus" use Linux? ;)

Don't they?

cascade9
April 8th, 2010, 10:41 AM

Only if they time traveled into the future and got win3.1.

GeneralZod
April 8th, 2010, 10:50 AM
We've got a Faraday, a Hawking, etc - I always assumed it was a reference to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_pauling) guy - although in that case, I'd expect a "Benjamin Pauling" :)

manoriax
April 8th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Well, maybe not in Lost, but…
…I'm quite sure they use Linux aboard the old Enterprise (before they created LCARS for the newer starships) - just imagine the danger of travelling through space with Windows on all the computers installed.

Dayofswords
April 8th, 2010, 11:18 AM
there's linus from peanuts, and they probably haven't even heard of a home computer

cguy
April 8th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Probably not.

YES! :)

Don't they?
They do!!

Probably not.

Linus is a Finnish name. Does that mean all Finns with the name "Linus" use Linux? ;)YES! :)See?

spupy
April 8th, 2010, 07:19 PM
JJ is a Mac user. He REALLY likes Macs. He said it himself in his TED talk: http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/j_j_abrams_mystery_box.html