PDA

View Full Version : Multiget and Rapidshare

foxmulder881
April 8th, 2010, 01:46 AM
When I have a direct download link I use Multiget for downloading files. Purely out of interest, I thought that I'd try a RS link in Multiget and see what happens. It starts immediately after adding the link and I'm getting full speed also. What's going on? I mean it's great and all for me, but I know that RS shouldn't be allowing this as you normally only get this feature for paid accounts and I certainly don't have a paid account and never have had one. It's my lucky day I guess.

gletob
April 8th, 2010, 05:39 AM
RapidShare is the root of all evils. Just saying.

foxmulder881
April 8th, 2010, 05:55 AM
That's hilarious. What makes you say that?

Just because it's used for sometimes bad purposes, it doesn't make it bad. It's also used for good purposes.
It's much like the internet. The internet itself is used for bad purposes, probably more-so than good. But that doesn't make the internet bad in general.

Khakilang
April 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Try it. Get nothing maybe its not my lucky day.

foxmulder881
April 8th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Still working fine for me. lol, my isp's going to love me. My network has copped a flogging today.

Khakilang
April 8th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Can you explain step by step please? Just out of curiosity.

mbz99
April 8th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Try JDownloader, you can use 20 connections so more download speed.

Khakilang
April 8th, 2010, 12:08 PM
I found JFTP in the Ubuntu Software Centre. Is that the one?

Psumi
April 8th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I found JFTP in the Ubuntu Software Centre. Is that the one?

http://jdownloader.org/

I can't display their page, because they apparently hate webkit, which makes no content appear, just a big grey box on a diagonal line background, loads too long.

foxmulder881
April 9th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Disregard my original comments. Although the files appear to download perfectly, they are all corrupted. When it seems too good to be true, it normally is. :)

kostkon
April 9th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Tuuuucan rules!

In case you are searching for a good downloader for such sites :P