PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] windows 7 ntfs partition appeared unallocated

MuffinMan123
April 7th, 2010, 03:22 PM
following from my last thread,
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1446662

I used testdisk as the replies suggested recovered all my linux partition including my 2 linux distros and boot partitions, but now my windows 7 appeared as unallocated space, which is very ironic, I fixed my last problem only to have situation reversed. I recovered the mbr record from my boot partition, but because that record dose not include the ntfs partition, that partition appears as unallocated space.

so how can I make that ntfs partition recognized again so I can update grub and boot to my windows 7 partition? Please help me out, I have had this partition stuck in my computer for a while doing nothing...

MuffinMan123
April 12th, 2010, 09:36 AM
bump

Herman
April 12th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Probably you just need to run Test Disk once again but this time be sure to include the Windows 7 partition in the new partition table. Maybe you forgot to select it or something.
It can take a little practice to learns how to use TestDisk and since it's not a program we need to use very often, (thankfully), it probably takes most people more than one attempt to get the results they want.