PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] zonbu mini running hardy 8.04

netipot
April 7th, 2010, 03:20 AM
I bought a zonbu mini about 2 years ago and zonbu seems to have disappeared. Since working in zombu os is fruitless I installed ubuntu 8.04 and it works very well, in fact it is faster than zonbu os. However there is one thing that is not working and that is that the eBOX-4854/4864 will not mount a usb thumb drive. My wireless keyboard and mouse work fine and even an external hard drive and cd drive will work. I want to know if this is a problem in the software or perhaps in the BIOS. There is very little storage and working with thumb drives would be great.

netipot
April 7th, 2010, 03:21 AM
I first tried jaunty remix because I had it on a usb from installing it on my netbook and I had real issues with it, one being that the curser was invisible but it was there, you would see it light up buttons. I did change settings in the bios to get it to boot but I have since played with it and nothing.

netipot
April 7th, 2010, 03:22 AM
I've been talking to a very helpful man, at wdlsystems.com, a distributor for the ebox in the US. He told me to try another usb drive. I was using a sandisk cruzer. I tried a pny attache and it worked. OK I can work with this fine. Not really because when I went to download photos from my Lumix camera, ubuntu could see it but was unable to mount it. I thought I could work around this too so I took out the sd card put it in the card reader, but this also failed to mount. Is it ubuntu or the ebox? The man at wdl systems said my model ebox had usb issues, but I saw on one forum that someone installed windows xp and had no problems. Perhaps all the did was surf the net. I can get a bigger cf card, which is the drive for this thing. The one it came with is only 4GB.... so 8 or 16GB would give me some room to store files but I do need to use my camera.

netipot
April 15th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Well I eventually found the info I needed at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Mount/USB and was able to mount usb sticks and sd cards. Thank you ubuntu.:P