PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] noting works???

mrnotcrazy
April 7th, 2010, 02:17 AM
when i try to run anyhing short of firefox i get this error.

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

how do i fix???

2hot6ft2
April 7th, 2010, 03:00 AM
when i try to run anyhing short of firefox i get this error.

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

how do i fix???
Have you considered running

sudo dpkg --configure -a
in a terminal?
Applications > Accessories > Terminal
You will have to enter your password which wont be displayed just type it in and hit Enter

And welcome to the forum, we all started the same way, it was telling you what to run but not where to run it (that usually shows up when there's an error and you're already in the terminal). Commands are run in the terminal.

mrnotcrazy
April 7th, 2010, 07:55 PM
ok thanks i did try that once but I didn't see the password coming up when i put it in that threw me off, i have used Linux before but not with internet so i wasn't so successful

coffeecat
April 7th, 2010, 08:26 PM
ok thanks i did try that once but I didn't see the password coming up when i put it in that threw me off, i have used Linux before but not with internet so i wasn't so successful

Don't let it throw you off. :) That's normal behaviour in the terminal - you don't see your password going in. Just persevere - it will soon tell you if you typed it in wrong.

mrnotcrazy
April 7th, 2010, 08:43 PM
new issue now :confused: i fixed that problem but i went to update the cord came undone and now it has another issue. im running a live session with the disc since i cant start it up other wise. it says unconfigured udev????