PDA

View Full Version : Canonical focuses on Wall street!!!

sudoer541
April 6th, 2010, 11:57 PM
The title (http://www.workswithu.com/2010/04/05/ubuntu-canonical-focuses-on-wall-street/) says it all folks!!!

Dr Belka
April 7th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Nice. Canonical's mainstreamyness does not bother me.

JDShu
April 7th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Awww the thread title lead me to hope that they were going public.

Mr. Picklesworth
April 7th, 2010, 01:05 AM

*Phew*
That would probably be a really, really, really bad thing unless we bought up all the shares.
(Consider: nasty shareholders who don't understand free software).

JDShu
April 7th, 2010, 01:25 AM
*Phew*
That would probably be a really, really, really bad thing unless we bought up all the shares.
(Consider: nasty shareholders who don't understand free software).

haha you're probably right. Then again, open source companies are getting a lot of attention since Red Hat's success during the recession.

It would be exciting in any case :P

xir_
April 7th, 2010, 03:45 PM
I think its logical the best way into peoples homes is through their work. And in financial services the best way to do that would be to get in the back end and then preach compatibility.

whiskeylover
April 7th, 2010, 03:50 PM

Damn! I was thinking of buying 51% of it and making them drop gimp from the default installs.

fatality_uk
April 7th, 2010, 04:01 PM
There you go, GIMP dropped. See just ask and you get!!!!

ubunterooster
April 7th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Run! Canonical is trying to actually make money! Who would ※ever※ try to make $?

rottentree
April 7th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Run! Canonical is trying to actually make money! Who would ※ever※ try to make $?

Filthy capitalist pigs for sure! I seriously doubt that Canonical can keep the permanent revolution's spirit going on with this attitude.

sudoer541
April 7th, 2010, 07:36 PM

I think they are doing the right thing. Canonical has 100+ employees and they have families. Plus its still recession and people work to get money.

ubunterooster
April 7th, 2010, 11:48 PM
I think they are doing the right thing. Canonical has 100+ employees and they have families. Plus its still recession and people work to get money.

Sorry, I thought the sarcasm was obvious.

Chame_Wizard
April 7th, 2010, 11:55 PM
Another recess and Shuttleworth is happy.:lolflag:

simpleblue
April 7th, 2010, 11:57 PM
I think it's a great idea. Canonical, from what I've seen, is a company with excellent standards and I think Linux as a whole could benefit from this.

Just know that billion dollar Microsoft will do their best to sabatoge Linux with their PR.