PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu One for the iPhone released!!!

sudoer541
April 6th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Yes folks ubuntu One (http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/04/canonical-announces-phone-sync-for-ubuntu-one-subscribers.ars) is now available for download on iTunes store.
Ubuntu One is available for other mobile platforms as well!!

Enjoy!!!):P

Paqman
April 6th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Can has Android plz?

Looks like no love on the free version of Ubuntu One anyway. A tenner a month to sync contacts seems like a lot, they're going to have to sweeten the pot more than that to get me to unclench my wallet.

zekopeko
April 6th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Can has Android plz?

Looks like no love on the free version of Ubuntu One anyway. A tenner a month to sync contacts seems like a lot, they're going to have to sweeten the pot more than that to get me to unclench my wallet.

Such as offering you 50gb of online storage?

Paqman
April 7th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Such as offering you 50gb of online storage?

50Gb is a weird number. It's much bigger than you need for all except media files, and too small for backing up data.

3rdalbum
April 7th, 2010, 10:39 AM
50Gb is a weird number. It's much bigger than you need for all except media files, and too small for backing up data.

Yeah - my server has a 1TB hard disk, I need at least this in online backup storage! :-P

skorange
April 18th, 2010, 05:51 AM
If the iphone app provided a means of easily viewing and editing your tomboy notes this would be a killer app. I would consider paying a monthly subscription for this.