PDA

View Full Version : Why did you start using Ubuntu redux

WindowlessHouse
April 6th, 2010, 03:50 AM
I was using Linspire 6 for a couple of years and had no problems, but their Click-n-Run library was not getting any updates and Ubuntu seemed to be emerging as the leader in desktop Linux, so it seemed to make sense to switch. Linspire was generally easier to use, but I'm sure Ubuntu will get there.

Yvan300
April 6th, 2010, 05:01 AM
I switched because of the virus problem found in windows. When i began using ubuntu, then i saw all the other faults of windows vista! But that was the igniter!

Khakilang
April 6th, 2010, 05:10 AM
I do not want someone to spy, hack and crack until my Window couldn't see my drives and spend countless hour downloading anti virus database, scanning and killing virus. Not to mention fixing my Window, defrag my hard drive, clean registry, clean junk files, clean cookies, clean temporary internet files and the list goes on. It just wasting my time.

So I went to search for an alternative. While shopping for book. One Ubuntu book caught my eyes. It come with 8.10 and use for about a year now and upgrade to 9.10. Never look back.

cariboo
April 6th, 2010, 05:12 AM
The above two post were attached to a 3 year old thread. Let's leave the old thing slumber in peace.

Hman242
April 6th, 2010, 05:14 AM
I had gotten a terrible virus on Vista and my computer was practically useless. I had Ubuntu on a disc in case anything like this ever happened. I've been using it ever since.

Crunchy the Headcrab
April 6th, 2010, 05:31 AM
I was required to run an Ubuntu Virtual Machine off of a server at my school. As a result I got curious about installing it on my own machine. I've loved it ever since.

AllRadioisDead
April 6th, 2010, 05:32 AM
I like how customizable it is. I love how much freedom I have over my system.
I don't use ubuntu - I'm currently on sidux.