PDA

View Full Version : Which cell phone should I get?

hambone79
April 6th, 2010, 01:52 AM
I'm trying to figure out which cell phone to get and I wanted to hear some opinions. I'm currently stuck with AT&T since my wife and I are on the same plan and she refuses to give up her iPhone. That pretty much restricts me to just a handful of smartphones.

The only phone I have really had the chance to use for any period of time is the iPhone 3G, but I personally don't like it. For starters, I have the worst time in the world trying to type on it because I have big thumbs. Also, the fact that it jumps between wifi, 3G, and Edge irritates the crap out of me and I have found it to be extremely slow when you get a few apps installed. I hear that the 3Gs is better, but I have to see it to believe it.

I have also played around with a few Blackberry models and most of them are nice, but I hear a lot of people complain that they lock up frequently.

If you have AT&T and a smartphone, what do you have and what do you like/dislike?

Naitsirhc Hsem
April 6th, 2010, 02:18 AM
This form is for ubuntu and ubuntu related topics. the only way that this would pertain is if it was about android.

aysiu
April 6th, 2010, 02:30 AM
You can get the Nexus One for AT&T. It just won't be subsidized (you have to pay the US$529 out of pocket).

hambone79
April 6th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Well, I've only got $300 to work with so the Nexus One is out.

madjr
April 6th, 2010, 03:43 AM
This form is for ubuntu and ubuntu related topics. the only way that this would pertain is if it was about android.

*sounds bell*

wrong

this is the cafe

you can speak almost about anything here except sports, babes in bikini, politics and religion

mcoleman44
April 6th, 2010, 03:46 AM
you can speak almost about anything here except sports, babes in bikini, politics and religion

I still dont understand whats so wrong with babes in bikinis... ohh well.:icon_frown:

madjr
April 6th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Well, I've only got $300 to work with so the Nexus One is out.

AT&T motorola backflip

it's similar to the Droid or cliq with a nice keyboard and has android

ATT has announced a few others too

PhoenixMaster00
April 6th, 2010, 03:55 AM
AT&T motorola backflip

AT&T have made it aweful by replacing Google search (and its goodies) with Yahoo, filled it with crapware apparently and taken out the ability to install stuff outside the Android market.

CharlesA
April 6th, 2010, 04:02 AM
I still dont understand whats so wrong with babes in bikinis... ohh well.:icon_frown:

Something along the lines of "adult content" or some such things.

Get a Crackberry, or the Nexus One, those are pretty neat.

mcoleman44
April 6th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Something along the lines of "adult content" or some such things.
Yeah I know, wrong forum...

They ported a full fledged ubuntu install with gnome on to the new htc... It runs android by default however.

gletob
April 6th, 2010, 04:27 AM
My friend really likes her Iphone 3GS and I've played with it, and it's super fast. My mom loves her Blackberry Bold 9000, and I just texted her and she said it never locks up. I myself am stuck with a Verizon dumb-phone (enV Touch).

Maybe you should stop trying to be a mod until you actually get a clue about what does and does not belong here.

From the top of the CC page:

The Community Cafe
The Community Chat area is for lighthearted and enjoyable discussions, like you might find around a water cooler at work.

Almost any non-tech-support topic may be discussed here. Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed, except for politics directly related to free and open source issues. Any topic or discussion that causes problems or drama will be closed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments. Please take those elsewhere. Thanks!

hambone79
April 7th, 2010, 12:05 AM
AT&T motorola backflip

ATT has announced a few others too

Wow...didn't realize the Backflip was running Android! I really think that is exactly what I'm looking for. It has a nice keyboard and it integrates with all of my Google stuff.

fatality_uk
April 7th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Currently have HTC HD2 & I love it :) but going for the EVO 4g when it hits the UK. Anything smaller just wont cut it for me anymore.