PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Switches to StarOffice

Virogenesis
March 15th, 2006, 03:26 AM
I found this article the other day and I just thought I'd share it with you.
Its a article about Bristol city in the UK which is quite a large and upcoming city moving over to Staroffice.
here is the link to Bristol Switches to StarOffice (http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2006/02/23/bristol_migration.html) personaly I think its great news for opensource as it will move alot away from MS Office.

-Rick-
March 15th, 2006, 01:02 PM
here is the link to Bristol Switches to StarOffice personaly I think its great news for opensource as it will move alot away from MS Office.
StarOffice isn't Open Source ;)
But a bit less people who use MS Office won't hurt, atleast they'll use open formats.

renzokuken
March 15th, 2006, 01:52 PM
my girlfriend works for the council (in southampton though) and from what i can gather all they do all day long is play Solitaire anyway..........maybe they should upgrade to TuxRacer instead

Brunellus
March 15th, 2006, 02:33 PM
...actually StarOffice is Sun's OpenOffice.

curuxz
March 15th, 2006, 02:35 PM
She work at the civic or the other one at the top of commercial road renz? Everytime im forced into the civic it seems one giant endless cue :(

Kimm
March 15th, 2006, 04:49 PM
StarOffice is like the "final OpenOffice" (in a development sence that is). It differs very little from OpenOffice, it uses the same formats and as far as I know the only real difference is StarOffice includes clipart :-P