PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] LaTeX Error: File `glossaries.sty' not found

deeppow
April 5th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Have searched around the web and here but can't find what package to load to solve the problem. Running 9.10 Suggestions?

stinkinrich88
April 20th, 2010, 06:20 PM
any luck? Same problem here...

deeppow
April 20th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Found these instructions elsewhere and I've gotten things to work. I needed everything noted to get the setup I was using to work.

1. If you miss some package in your latex installation, first search for a missing package at http://tug.ctan.org/search.html

2. Second, you must know the PATH to your existing TDS tree (I will call it TEXMFLOCAL). Usually, you can see the path from the output during your latex compilation. On my Ubuntu Desktop, it is /usr/local/share/texmf/

You can also check it by typing
kpsewhich -expand-var "\$TEXMFLOCAL"

3. Installing "glossary" package. Download glossary.zip from above web site. Unzip it:

Execute:
cd ./glossary
latex glossary.ins

Copy glossary.sty into TEXMFLOCAL/tex/latex/contrib/. (You may have to create this folder).

Copy glossary.perl into the LaTeX2HTML style files directory (e.g. latex2html/styles. (I copied to TEXMFLOCAL/tex/latex/html/).

Execute:
sudo texhash TEXMFLOCAL

4. Installing "glossaries" package. Download glossaries.tds.zip from above web site.

Execute:
sudo unzip glossaries.tds.zip -d TEXMFLOCAL/
sudo texhash TEXMFLOCAL

Note, that TEXMFLOCAL is a path to a folder pointed by kpsewhich -expand-var "\$TEXMFLOCAL".
Installing "xfor" package

Note: It might require to update xkeyval

5. Download xfor.tds.zip from above web site.

Execute:
sudo unzip xfor.tds.zip -d TEXMFLOCAL/
sudo texhash TEXMFLOCAL

stinkinrich88
April 20th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Sorted, thanks!

ammar.afzal
November 23rd, 2010, 02:44 PM
Hi, Thanks for the post. well i followed it and was able to remove the error 'not found', but now i have a new error message 'option clash for package glossary makeglossary' any idea about that, how to get rid of this. also i am using Kile on Ubuntu 10.04.
BR