PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] please forward

AM_SOS
April 5th, 2010, 07:19 AM
hi all !
since i am not a pro i am not sure where to send this kind of request and hence posting it here in the hope that someone will let me know and also forward it to the right people.

now i am still a beginner when it comes to ubuntu and the thing is that while i like most things about it i am stumped by what seems to be a big put off for beginners like me. i have in mind the help section of 9.10 (indeed previous ones too).

i have almost never been able to locate any information that i have wanted. and mind you this has been mostly beginners stuff. quite elementary. moreover, the help menu seems to take forever to load - quite frustrating for new users who may be in desperate situations which can however be easily solved with support from a good help menu.

hope this finds its way whereever its supposed to go!
please do also let me know the email address of people who would be able to work more on this problem so that i may contact them directly in the future.

thanks!

SnickerSnack
April 5th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I don't know what this "help menu" you speak of is, but maybe if you're more descriptive someone can help you.

Also, maybe you should ask questions in this forum (the ones that help files don't seem to help you with).

AM_SOS
April 5th, 2010, 05:13 PM
hi,

sorry,perhaps i wasn't precise enough. i was speaking of my experiences in accessing the "help and support" menu which one does from the "system" button through the "main menu" tab.

however, the issues i have faced have almost invariably been whenever i tried to access it simply by presssing the F1 key from the desktop.

thanks

oldos2er
April 5th, 2010, 07:20 PM
If the menu's not working for you, you can access the same info here: https://help.ubuntu.com/9.10/index.html