PDA

View Full Version : QuoteMarks Firefox ext: save and paste forum quotes, apply bbcode to text and more...

lovinglinux
April 5th, 2010, 04:00 AM
Quotemarks will no longer be developed.

lovinglinux
April 5th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Edit

brucemartin
April 5th, 2010, 12:22 PM
very nice extension, thanks. while i don't find any use for the quote function, the templates feature is great :D

lovinglinux
April 5th, 2010, 12:30 PM
very nice extension, thanks. while i don't find any use for the quote function, the templates feature is great :D

Thank you. The quote function is useful for those who give a lot of tech support here. There are several recurring questions every day, so it saves a lot of time locating the proper reply or writing them all over again.

Like all my other extensions, I wrote QuoteMarks to make my life easier :)

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or if you find any bugs.

wojox
April 5th, 2010, 12:33 PM

Here's a quote of brucemartins quote.

lovinglinux
April 5th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Here's a quote of brucemartins quote.

:)

Do you think would be nice to include an option to remove the footer completely, not only the "Powered by" line?

wojox
April 5th, 2010, 12:42 PM
:)

Do you think would be nice to include an option to remove the footer completely, not only the "Powered by" line?

Sure. Where does it keep this info? I looked around in /home/wojox/.mozilla/firefox/xrv8iugk.default/extensions/quotemarks@lovinglinux.megabyet.net but don't see it. If I run bleachbit will it clean out my saved quotes? I'll mess around with it today and get back with you.

wojox
April 5th, 2010, 12:49 PM
I see in the sidebar now you can edit, delete stuff. Pretty cool.

lovinglinux
April 5th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Sure.

Working on it as we speak.

Sure. Where does it keep this info? I looked around in /home/wojox/.mozilla/firefox/xrv8iugk.default/extensions/quotemarks@lovinglinux.megabyet.net but don't see it. If I run bleachbit will it clean out my saved quotes? I'll mess around with it today and get back with you.

All information is stored in the quotemark.sqlite database in your Firefox profile root. I never used bleashbit, but from what I see it won't delete the quotes database. You can backup the database file if you need and simply replace the file to restore it.

I see in the sidebar now you can edit, delete stuff. Pretty cool.

You can also add a button to the main toolbar, to open the sidebar easily, nevertheless, the context menu also offers this option.

Psumi
April 5th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Have one for newgrounds or deviantart?

They take HTML, not BBCode. ;)

lovinglinux
April 5th, 2010, 08:44 PM

The template feature can do HTML too, but not the quote manager.

Wouldn't be hard to make possible to quote and paste HTML, but crossing over quotes from a BBcode forum and a HTML forum would be more complicated.

I'm going to consider this for the next version.

lovinglinux
April 6th, 2010, 03:33 AM
I have uploaded a new version that handles quotes differently. You can save bbcode, html and text quotes from any web site. To do that you need to select the text from a quote form, not from the displayed post. It will store the content of the quote with original tags and will properly paste them. Pasting quotes from different sites might not work as expected, due to differences in tag standards.

On ubuntuforums you can't save the quote by selecting the text, just using the "save quote" button.

This version also offers options to select the footer contents, no only the credits.

Please test if the new version works fine on those sites. You will need to manually edit title, author and tags before saving the quotes.

Psumi
April 6th, 2010, 03:45 AM
Please test if the new version works fine on those sites. You will need to manually edit title, author and tags before saving the quotes.

I use midori, sorry.

lovinglinux
April 6th, 2010, 04:14 AM
I use midori, sorry.

Well, you asked for making the extension compatible with them.

Psumi
April 6th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Well, you asked for making the extension compatible with them.

No I didn't. I asked if it was compatible with HTML code.

lovinglinux
April 6th, 2010, 04:21 AM
No I didn't. I asked if it was compatible with HTML code.

I guess I misunderstood your post and presumed you needed HTML support for those sites. Anyway, it is compatible with HTML now ;)

lovinglinux
April 15th, 2010, 07:24 AM
QuoteMarks has been approved by Mozilla, so now you can get updates automatically from Firefox add-ons manager. Please install the newest version (released today) to make sure you will get future updates.