PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Panels have disappeared, and can't find gnome-panel

bgflounder
April 5th, 2010, 01:16 AM
i'm running 9.10. i restarted and my panels are gone, i'm getting an error message at startup from Brasero (something about an invocation), and i no sound will play anymore. I tried the suggestions i found in other posts but i can't find gnome-panel anywhere and it won't run in a terminal. I'm very new to this OS and have no clue how to fix these issues. Anybody have any ideas?

Addiction2Code
April 5th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Hello, does a Desktop display at all? Are you sure gnome is loaded? A very basic Desktop will load up if there is a problem with Gnome, there may be a terminal in the middle of the screen or if you try left/right clicking a menu may appear. Try this and respond back with more information regarding what is happening. If you are not booting Gnome, it will not make that pretty welcome sound you hear when you login :P

inobe
April 5th, 2010, 10:01 AM
i found it to be a pain in the butt getting panels back after my son removed them, i simply created another account and left the other one alone encase i figure it out, done