PDA

View Full Version : Why do you post on Ubuntu Help Forums

Gone fishing
April 4th, 2010, 01:36 PM
I feel part of a privileged few who realise the that "the linux desktop has arrived" and there really is little reason to use a proprietor OS. I'm not a coder so this is a way I can give back to the community.

I do appreciate when people acknowledge any help I've given.

I also feel that Ubuntuforums is Ubuntu's "killer App" Ubuntu is good but so are many Linux's the support Ubuntuforums provides elevates Ubuntu above most of the rest, which is why you find so many Mint and Debian users here.

ibuclaw
April 4th, 2010, 01:47 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/duty_calls.png

Other than that, enjoy teaching, quite alot. :)

Psumi
April 4th, 2010, 02:17 PM
*cough*

Because the Debian Forums are a ghost town.

madjr
April 4th, 2010, 07:36 PM
i call these forums home

lisati
April 4th, 2010, 07:40 PM
I feel part of a privileged few who realise the that "the linux desktop has arrived" and there really is little reason to use a proprietor OS. I'm not a coder so this is a way I can give back to the community.

Exactly. Each of us who comes to the forums brings a unique combination of knowledge and abilities.

gnupipe
April 4th, 2010, 07:42 PM
exactly. Each of us who comes to the forums brings a unique combination of knowledge and abilities.

+1

TheNerdAL
April 4th, 2010, 08:22 PM
So I can try to help the newbies out there.:lolflag:

JDShu
April 4th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Because I have no friends. :-({|=

Btw, lisati is a mod! I guess it was a matter of time :P

Edit: Oh it was for the Help Forums! I help out there so that I don't feel like a leech on Ubuntu forums.

Frogs Hair
April 4th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I get the benefits of years of experience, and it seems like a good place to hang out !!:!: