PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need help with Formatting

abstractlogic
April 4th, 2010, 04:42 AM
I need to format a laptop that has ubuntu Lucid Lynx on it currently. It is unable to boot up properly and gets all kind of errors when I try to put an ubuntu disc in to try and install it. All that is on the partition is ubuntu, and I was wondering if there is any way to erase the disk so I can start anew? I don't care about any of the data being lost or anything, i just need to wipe it all so i can start over. any ideas?

Sef
April 4th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I need to format a laptop that has ubuntu Lucid Lynx on it currently. It is unable to boot up properly and gets all kind of errors when I try to put an ubuntu disc in to try and install it.

Does your disc boot up properly if you stick it in another computer?

All that is on the partition is ubuntu, and I was wondering if there is any way to erase the disk so I can start anew? I don't care about any of the data being lost or anything, i just need to wipe it all so i can start over. any ideas?

Just reformat the hard drive with the Ubuntu partitioner. It will overwrite what is on the hard drive.

abstractlogic
April 4th, 2010, 05:09 AM
I'm not able to get to the partitioner and when i tried using it i also got an infinite number of errors.

is there any program i can boot from a disc that can do it?

btw the disc works fine in this machine.