PDA

View Full Version : [kde] Can't use meta+shift+tab as a shortcut

soulspit
April 2nd, 2010, 11:17 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to use meta+tab and meta+shift+tab to go back and forth between desktops, as one uses alt+tab and alt+shift+tab for windows. However, I can't seem to get meta+shift+tab to do anything using the Global Keyboard Shortcuts screen in KDE's System Settings - it doesn't work for switching desktops or anything else.

I googled around and found something about a KDE bug causing the meta key to stick, but that's not the problem I'm having. The meta key, with and without shift, seems to work for every other shortcut I've wanted it to work for, and the desktop switching itself works fine if I use any other shortcut.

Any solutions for this or is it a bug? Thanks for your help!

soulspit
April 7th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Bump!

Any thoughts on this, folks?

soulspit
April 11th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I don't know how much I can keep bumping this but surely someone knows something about this? Or at least, you have an idea about something I can try to debug it, or where I could go to for an answer? Any help at all would be really cool. Oh, I have an HP Pavilion dv9000t if that makes a difference. But all the other keys work fine, and meta and shift works fine with everything but tab (and control meta tab works, as well). What on earth could it be?

linbo
April 29th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I've been having some issues with the Shift key modifier in a remote setting. Pulled my hair out for about three days then figured out the Gnome DE Visual Effects setting was the problem.

You might wish to try changing to "None" to see if this helps.

Here is my original post with description and solution.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1463879&highlight=kde+shift