PDA

View Full Version : New label information for Ubuntu

sbassi
February 7th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Hello,

I'm from Argentina and I know of someone who requested about 70 CDs and the envelope with the CDs were stuck in the Custom Office. They (the custom officials) are asking an importation fee for leting him to take the envelope out of the custom office. The officials says that they "know" how much MS-Windows cost, even pirated copies of MS-Windows, so they want to charge him according to that. They can understand that Ubuntu is free. I am not sure if this is legal or they are just asking for a bribe (both things are possible here). So I ask to people who make the envelopes, to put a label with content description, like: "Free CDs samples" and with a "simbolic price", like 1 USD or 1 Eu, just for custom information, so they can charge us in base of the value. I have received free things from the US and they had a green label with custom information, I think Ubuntu should do the same (even if Ubuntu CDs are shipped from NL).
Hope to post escalates to the right place.
Thank you very much!!

Jad
February 7th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Well, yeah stupidity killed the cat :-)
I second this idea, we have problem with cats, I mean with MS only propaganda

Yukonjack
February 7th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Well it could be a bribe, I remember back in the early 80's I took a trip to South America for 4 months and at the Columbian, Nicaragua and also in Trinidad I had to pay a efty bribe just to cross them borders or spend a few nights in a muddy hole.

Yes you have a good point I second that. I can see corrupted custom officials jumping the band wagon and making a nice profit on this MS lockdown on piracy.