PDA

View Full Version : Control 4

archeryrob
April 2nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Any one ever mess with a crontrol 4 box? I was given a Control 4 home theater controller. It's like a front end with S video, Lan port and A/V in and out and IR sense inputs.

Kind of wondering if any one worked one of these into another setup or if they are proprietary? The book does not explain much i have to get a network wire pulled to the TV and set it up to get it on screen before I can see anything on it. The picture on the box makes it look like MythTV.

nickrout
April 2nd, 2010, 10:49 PM
Any one ever mess with a crontrol 4 box? I was given a Control 4 home theater controller. It's like a front end with S video, Lan port and A/V in and out and IR sense inputs.

Kind of wondering if any one worked one of these into another setup or if they are proprietary? The book does not explain much i have to get a network wire pulled to the TV and set it up to get it on screen before I can see anything on it. The picture on the box makes it look like MythTV.

I played with one at a party a while ago to try and control the music. I thought it was horrid, but I didn't have the instruction book so I may have missed some methods or making it work better.

archeryrob
April 3rd, 2010, 12:52 AM
I had an old TV sitting here to go to good will. I plugged in the yellow video, white & red audio and I can even tell if this thing turns on. This things is brand new and the cable where still in the bags. Directions are terrible, almost non-existant.

The red power light comes on and I press the button and nothing happens. The remote does not appear to control the devices, the link light never lights ip but the light on the switch for the patch cable is light. I am starting to think Trash!