PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Failed, Incomplete upgrade > ubuntu 10.04 beta

mitulv4u
April 2nd, 2010, 09:39 AM
Hey,

I tried upgrading to the new beta version 10.04 from 9.10 but th computer hung in between and made a restart itself.....it had completed downloading and around 30% of up gradation, the time it hung. Now i am facing problems while rebooting and the Option for upgrading to new distro cannot be seen in Update Manager anymore. Can anyone tell me how can i continue from where it stopped or even restart the upgradation process.

Thanks

akakingess
April 2nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
I hope someone corrects me if/when I am wrong, but I believe you can do it from the terminal by doing a sudo apt get update -d ( I think the d is for distribution), again I may be mistaken, but I do know there is a way to do it from the terminal (maybe an update? or update --help) will give you the exact vernacular, but not sure if it will work for a beta release. Also, you could I guess download the release onto another computer and burn it to disk and do it that way. Just some suggestions, I hope someone else can help more than I can as my brain is now officially fried (time for bed), good luck to you.

deeminter
April 2nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
akakingess is correct in his reply, you can upgrade with package replacements of an incomplete or corrupt install. I had the same thing happen to me during my installation of 10.04 Beta 1. I used the terminal command apt-get dist-upgrade to fix the problem. Hope you are able to install and enjoy the latest Ubuntu offering.

mitulv4u
September 14th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks a lot...it works fantastic.