PDA

View Full Version : Just passed my LPIC-1 exams

47of74
April 2nd, 2010, 12:37 AM
I just passed my LPIC-1 exams. :D Once the results get transmitted and accepted it'll become official.

Next month comes the Ubuntu 199 exam.

MechaMechanism
April 2nd, 2010, 12:39 AM
Congratulations! :KS

Ji Ruo
April 2nd, 2010, 02:36 AM
How hard was it?

Shpongle
April 2nd, 2010, 03:08 AM
congratulations! :ks

+1

szymon_g
April 2nd, 2010, 03:14 AM
congratulations!

do you still remember answers and number of questions ;)?

but seriously- how long does it take? did you take course + exam or exam only?

47of74
April 2nd, 2010, 01:10 PM
How hard was it?

It was harder than I thought it would be. I actually had to take the 101 exam twice because I just missed the cut off point. 102 I passed with no problem on the first attempt. One good thing about the time between retakes was that I was able to go back and really focus on the 101 material, so I did quite well on the retake.

47of74
April 2nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
congratulations!

do you still remember answers and number of questions ;)?

but seriously- how long does it take? did you take course + exam or exam only?

The company I work for gives us access to SkillSoft and I took the CBT courses provided - but those were for the old LPIC-1 objectives and covered a lot of stuff that's been deleted or moved to LPIC-2. I then got a copy of LPIC-1 in Depth (http://www.amazon.com/LPIC-1-Depth-Michael-Jang/dp/1598639676/ref=pd_sim_b_3) by Michael Jang. That book reflected the current requirements. I read through that book over the course of the next couple weeks, writing a bunch of notes on each chapter.

The exams are 60 questions and you are given up to 90 minutes to take each exam, but it didn't take me even an hour to go through the exams. Jang says sometimes people are given more than 60 questions and more time if LPI has beta questions that they want to test out before putting in the pool of regular questions.

beercz
April 2nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
I just passed my LPIC-1 exams. :D Once the results get transmitted and accepted it'll become official.

Next month comes the Ubuntu 199 exam.
Congratulations!