PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft appreciation thread

phrostbyte
April 1st, 2010, 02:37 PM
I notice we don't have many threads about how awesome Microsoft and their software is. So I decided to make one.

Meep3D
April 1st, 2010, 02:39 PM
I especially like them for producing such great blueprints for graphics and applications that the FOSS community can copy!

Soldierboy
April 1st, 2010, 02:48 PM
I actually heard that Microsoft contributes more to the Linux Kernel than Linus himself, so yeah, go Microsoft!

RiceMonster
April 1st, 2010, 02:50 PM
You forgot MS DOS

phrostbyte
April 1st, 2010, 02:51 PM
You forgot MS DOS

Good point. I don't want my poll to have some kind of systemic bias or anything.

Laxman_prodigy
April 1st, 2010, 02:58 PM
I notice we don't have many threads about how awesome Microsoft and their software is. So I decided to make one.

All hail Microsoft!

Though thy not see, its Microsoft
If see, then its not micro-soft.
But hail the great shelter for,
its children;
Like a mother it nourishes;
its children;
All hail Microsoft!
Like no other out,
Like no other above,
Like no other below,
Mother Microsoft!
Love it bestows on its children;
Beyond human imagination that is.
Who else cares but the great mother.
All hail Microsoft. -----Laxman_Prodigy

Q- Who is "Children" as per the poem? (2 marks)

whiskeylover
April 1st, 2010, 03:01 PM
:roll:

JDShu
April 1st, 2010, 03:03 PM
One should never forget the immense contributions that Microsoft has provided GNU/Linux.

GepettoBR
April 1st, 2010, 03:03 PM
Microsoft Bob is the best piece of code ever written.

pbpersson
April 1st, 2010, 03:08 PM
It was wonderful that Microsoft could steal the GUI from Apple who stole it from Xerox. If Microsoft had not invented Windows, one could argue that Linux might have never been invented......I am not talking about the kernel, I am talking about all that goes with it - the applications, the Gnome desktop, etc.

I appreciate their software but I expect much more quality, support, and innovation from them.

Oh....but probably the most positive thing I can say - I tried the Windows 7 beta and after seeing how stable it was signed up to get a copy at 50% off. I saw the handwriting on the wall and concluded it will be taking over the world. I use Ubuntu for everything but it IS a Windows world and there will always be some reasons why I will need a copy of Windows, IMO.

darthmob
I'm sure someone would be able to write a complete paper about the results of that poll.

phrostbyte
Looks like Windows is ahead in the polls already. I got a feeling Windows will win this one.

DeadSuperHero
April 1st, 2010, 03:11 PM
One should never forget the immense contributions that Microsoft has provided GNU/Linux.

Rumor has it that Silverlight/Moonlight and .NET/Mono are coming to GNU/HURD.

Praise their awesomeness.

Laxman_prodigy
April 1st, 2010, 03:12 PM
Looks like Windows is ahead in the polls already. I got a feeling Windows will win this one.

I hope I see some noticeable innovation in the world of Windows OS in the near future.

Soldierboy
April 1st, 2010, 03:15 PM
The poll will do the talking

Psumi
April 1st, 2010, 03:20 PM
I'm sorry, but I really don't like Microsoft.

Giant Speck
April 1st, 2010, 03:23 PM
Damn. You could have at least made the poll multiple-choice.

mcoleman44
April 1st, 2010, 03:24 PM
"In a world full of doors and fences, who needs Gates and Windows?" ;)

Artificial Intelligence
April 1st, 2010, 03:47 PM
I'm not sure what to vote...I really like Windows, but Windows got some good features I like, then again Windows have been rock stable for me. Well at least I'm not going to vote Windows, so my I have cut it down to Windows or Windows...hmmmmm...

I may change it, but my vote goes to Windows.

donkyhotay
April 1st, 2010, 03:51 PM
Microsoft Bob is the best piece of code ever written.

You forgot about clippy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clippy)!

Giant Speck
April 1st, 2010, 04:01 PM

TOO SOON! :cry:

gjoellee
April 1st, 2010, 04:43 PM
Sometimes I wonder why it is called "Microsoft", even though it is one of the largest companies in the world.

Phrea
April 1st, 2010, 04:45 PM
Funny troll is funny. :popcorn:

Artificial Intelligence
April 1st, 2010, 04:53 PM
Funny troll is funny. :popcorn:

Try check todays date ;)

Phrea
April 1st, 2010, 05:18 PM
Try check todays date ;)

That's why it's funny. :P

user1397
April 1st, 2010, 05:18 PM
oh c'mon, I was being sarcastic...I would expect people to get that on April Fool's day...

Phrea
April 1st, 2010, 05:21 PM
Sometimes I wonder why it is called "Microsoft", even though it is one of the largest companies in the world.

Combination of microchip and software. ;)

Austin25
April 1st, 2010, 05:30 PM
none.
April fools yada yada...

<small>I still hate them...</small>

swoll1980
April 1st, 2010, 05:32 PM
You should add an option for Windows to the poll.

Idaho Dan
April 1st, 2010, 05:32 PM
I voted for Windows! I know some people really like Windows, and of course there are a lot of Windows fans out there.
But I had to be honest with my self and vote for Windows.
Then again, if I had used Windows more I might have voted for it instead.

Windows just makes me feel pretty!

NightwishFan
April 1st, 2010, 05:33 PM
I claim copyright over this thread.

Ric_NYC
April 1st, 2010, 05:34 PM
Give us more choices:

Ventanas, Fenętres, etc.

Ric_NYC
April 1st, 2010, 05:36 PM
I claim copyright over this thread.

HUMPF!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7653/humpf.jpg

kleskjr
April 1st, 2010, 05:37 PM

Bill's wife named it after their honeymoon ;)

Phrea
April 1st, 2010, 05:38 PM
Bill's wife named it after their honeymoon ;)

Sehr gut ! :D

undecim
April 1st, 2010, 05:54 PM
I think this video accurately reflects my position:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsboPUjrGc

NightwishFan
April 1st, 2010, 05:58 PM
That guy is epic!

kleskjr
April 1st, 2010, 05:59 PM
wow, did he have cocaine for breakfast?

NightwishFan
April 1st, 2010, 06:03 PM
I will bet he "loves this company" he probably made millions on the blood of innocent hackers who just wanted a native client for World Of Warcraft.

I should use Haiku or something, that way I have NO chance of ever running WOW. That would make my day.

swoll1980
April 1st, 2010, 06:04 PM
wow, did he have cocaine for breakfast?

He chews cocaine like it's bubble gum.

scouser73
April 1st, 2010, 06:06 PM

I hope that this is some horrible April Fool's day prank.

lisati
April 1st, 2010, 06:12 PM

It's already the 2nd here, and has been for 6 hours.

Doctor Mike
April 1st, 2010, 06:17 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1311598

zekopeko
April 1st, 2010, 06:44 PM

It's already the 2nd here, and has been for 6 hours.

What are you talking about? Today is April 1st but that doesn't mean we can't show our genuine appreciation of Microsoft!

Microsoft changed my life, and for the better!!! Their applications and operating systems help enrich my digital life!

Why just the other day I was wondering what kind of border should I put on some image in my essay. Who do you think jumped to help me? Microsoft, of course! With their "Award Winning Office Suite" Microsoft Office 2007. I selected my border and BAM! Crappy image with a beautiful Microsoft Office generated border appeared.

Or the time when I needed to go on the internet? Who came to my rescue? Microsoft's Internet Explorer 5,6,7 and 8 no less. Beat that you bunch of commie hippies! Firefox is like at only 3.6.

Microsoft is so awesome that the movie studios are starting to make movies inspired by their AWESOME products!!!!

Here is a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUawhjxLS2I

swoll1980
April 1st, 2010, 06:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUawhjxLS2I[/URL]

Who ever made that trailer did a really good job.

lisati
April 1st, 2010, 06:54 PM
What are you talking about? Today is April 1st but that doesn't mean we can't show our genuine appreciation of Microsoft!

Are you east of the international date line by any chance?

(/me checks what I have installed: Oh I forgot to install the Y2K feature.)

GepettoBR
April 1st, 2010, 06:55 PM

Clippy was not "written", but revealed to Bill Gates by divine intervention!

donkyhotay
April 1st, 2010, 06:57 PM
Clippy was not "written", but revealed to Bill Gates by divine intervention!

I seriously doubt clippy was 'divine' intervention. :twisted:

Doctor Mike
April 1st, 2010, 07:02 PM

Microsoft changed my life, and for the better!!! Their applications and operating systems help enrich my digital life!

Why just the other day I was wondering what kind of border should I put on some image in my essay. Who do you think jumped to help me? Microsoft, of course! With their "Award Winning Office Suite" Microsoft Office 2007. I selected my border and BAM! Crappy image with a beautiful Microsoft Office generated border appeared.

Or the time when I needed to go on the internet? Who came to my rescue? Microsoft's Internet Explorer 5,6,7 and 8 no less. Beat that you bunch of commie hippies! Firefox is like at only 3.6.

Microsoft is so awesome that the movie studios are starting to make movies inspired by their AWESOME products!!!!

Here is a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUawhjxLS2IDon't forget Mr "T", he made Microsoft and he ain't no damn fool.

NCLI
April 1st, 2010, 07:14 PM
I seriously doubt clippy was 'divine' intervention. :twisted:

Satan is a fallen angel you know, so he could be considered "divine" ;)

undecim
April 1st, 2010, 07:17 PM
Here is a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUawhjxLS2I

No text mode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUawhjxLS2I&textp=fool

m4tic
April 1st, 2010, 07:20 PM
Face it, microsoft provided jobs for millions of people. Microsoft Office has helped speed up businesses and made work more effecient where any opensource suite would've lagged us behind. They did not kill anyone, linux communities should just give up the jealousy, it makes me sick sometimes.

zekopeko
April 1st, 2010, 07:39 PM
Don't forget Mr "T", he made Microsoft and he ain't no damn fool.

Damn right Mr.T made MS! He might have moved to the shadows but he is still very much involved in aggressive marketing!

I love his new Windows© 7 commercial:

http://imgur.com/Bx8R7.jpg

krendar
April 1st, 2010, 07:44 PM
I think this video accurately reflects my position:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsboPUjrGc

Saw this in the sidebar of that video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk

mickie.kext
April 1st, 2010, 07:47 PM
Combination of microchip and software. ;)

It is Microcomputer and Software. In '70, home computers was called microcomputers while big DEC VAX closets was minicomputers. And real computer was like a barn.

On Topic:

I thank Microsoft for offering protection racket to Linux users, we really need someone to fill that market since SCO is dead now.

pizza-is-good
April 1st, 2010, 08:04 PM
This thread is a nice April's Fools Day joke.... Nothing good in Windows.

Although I did install 7 the other day. Better than Vista thus far, and overall not a bad OS. Might actually be as good as XP....

~pizza

zekopeko
April 1st, 2010, 08:10 PM
This thread is a nice April's Fools Day joke.... Nothing good in Windows.

Although I did install 7 the other day. Better than Vista thus far, and overall not a bad OS. Might actually be as good as XP....

~pizza

Mate, this thread isn't an April 1st joke. This is the real deal. Has it ever crossed your mind that some people REALLY, REALLY like Windows? And other AWESOME Microsoft products?

GepettoBR
April 1st, 2010, 08:14 PM
Mate, this thread isn't an April 1st joke. This is the real deal. Has it ever crossed your mind that some people REALLY, REALLY like Windows? And other AWESOME Microsoft products?

Like the AWESOME Microsoft Bob that I mentioned earlier. Why, it's so good it's even better than the Apple Newton.

pizza-is-good
April 1st, 2010, 08:31 PM

OK, OK.
I know some people really like windows. I have noticed some windows fanboys on this forum, just as there are mac fanboys all over the place. No offense to anyone intended, that's just an observation.

I am willing to be wrong, but please name the latest AWESOME microsoft product. Because I mean, the do make some good things, but not amazing ones.

NightwishFan
April 1st, 2010, 08:34 PM
Why do people suffer under the delusion that Xp is comparable to a modern OS. Half the programs written for it require root access, and thats not even really Microsoft's fault.

Artificial Intelligence
April 1st, 2010, 08:36 PM
Like the AWESOME Microsoft Bob that I mentioned earlier. Why, it's so good it's even better than the Apple Newton.

All hail Bob.

Life is meaningless without Bob.

Doctor Mike
April 1st, 2010, 08:40 PM
Damn right Mr.T made MS! He might have moved to the shadows but he is still very much involved in aggressive marketing!

I love his new Windows© 7 commercial:

http://imgur.com/Bx8R7.jpgI think I love you and I don't care what sex you are... genius, pure genius...

MaindotC
April 1st, 2010, 08:46 PM
I'd like to see if there's a similar thread on WindowsForums but you have to be a member and logged in to view their threads...I guess control has no boundaries.

Midnight Star
April 1st, 2010, 08:49 PM
I'm so appreciative each day ... (long thoughtful pause) ... that I no longer use it.

Doctor Mike
April 1st, 2010, 08:52 PM
Is not the antithesis to anti-promotion the perfect rant. Seems that's the way we use to do things about a million years ago. Muli-threading was only a reality we could not envision with MS. Butt we loved them...

ELD
April 1st, 2010, 08:53 PM
I voted Windows, My heart is shaped like their logo. They own my soul.

zekopeko
April 1st, 2010, 08:54 PM
OK, OK.
I know some people really like windows. I have noticed some windows fanboys on this forum, just as there are mac fanboys all over the place. No offense to anyone intended, that's just an observation.

I am willing to be wrong, but please name the latest AWESOME microsoft product. Because I mean, the do make some good things, but not amazing ones.

Where to start!

Here is an incomplete list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_software_applications

Look how many there are!!! And each one with it's own Wiki page!
Beat that commie hippies!

This are my favorites
Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and 7!!! The BEST OS on the planet! No, the galaxy!

Microsoft Office - THE office suite! I wasn't happy when they retired Clippy but the did say his source code was old and he really should move to Florida! Farwell man's best friend!

Microsoft XBOX(360) - THE BEST CONSOLE ON THE PLANET!!!!111 The user experience they created with it is amazing! Even when it breaks it has that subtle yet strong red halo around the power button!

Microsoft Bing - THE BEST DECISION ENGINE IN HISTORY!!!! Google can't compare!!! Why do you think Ubuntu switched to Yahoo just a few weeks ago? Because Yahoo would change it's backend with Bing's thats why!

I could go on and on and on but I think you understand how awesome Microsoft products really are!!! Ubuntu has nothing on Microsoft products! Nothing!!!!

GepettoBR
April 1st, 2010, 09:04 PM
And on Fox News tomorrow: "Members of underground software piracy forum repent and praise Microsoft". The article body will state that we used to have connections with Anonymous and eBaum's World.