PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Got some broken files that can't be fixed

Parran
April 1st, 2010, 08:01 AM
Hey you guys. first of i'm a total noob at Linux / Ubuntu but i still want to learn more about it and stop being a windfag :p.

Anyhow. i first of installed Ubuntu 9.10 and then updated to Ubuntu 10.(04?). and everything was running smooth and good. but when i started my com the next day i got some broken files that was broken.

I thought "Okey.. I'll just go to the "Broken Fixer" and get it over with" and i went in to the broken fixer and like marked all and everything stared to update. i went of and got me some coffee and got back to my comp and got this error.

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/ia32-libs_2.7ubuntu21_amd64.deb: subprocess dpkg-deb --control returned error exit status 2If anyone could tell me what to do and how i can fix it i would mean alot to me.

and yea.. i'm still a winfag but i want to start being a "kewlFag"

EDiT: sorry if im not posting in the right forum btw. just want my question answered fast..

Sorry :(

Fafler
April 1st, 2010, 09:01 AM
I'm not really sure what you are trying to say, but try opening a terminal and type

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get --fix-missing update
If it doesn't fix it, post the output here and try to explain you problem a bit better.

Parran
April 1st, 2010, 10:18 AM
I'm not really sure what you are trying to say, but try opening a terminal and type

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get --fix-missing updateIf it doesn't fix it, post the output here and try to explain you problem a bit better.

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
sorry for being so bad at explaining. had to go to another class

Fafler
April 1st, 2010, 11:08 AM
Reboot, try again.

Parran
April 1st, 2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks. I found out what is was.

I had to re-install the amd_64 thing and reboot and things work'd great.

Now my problem is.. the damn flashplayer that i can't install coz, when i have installed it from
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree and restart the comp i open up Mozilla and testing it (I just tested it on youtube.com) and it worked... Not so great. as i thought what the problem was i went in to the config (About:plugins) and it wasn't listened.

anyway thanks for the help. and im sure of that you will see more of me in the future :D