PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Not available in current data?

TurtleJuice
March 31st, 2010, 04:56 AM
this is the message i keep getting when trying to install ubuntu software. I am reading all sorts of walkthroughs trying to get such things as java and am unable to do anything they keep failing at some point or another. any help pls

uRock
March 31st, 2010, 06:44 AM
If you could get the message again and take a screenshot using Applications> Accessories> Take Screenshot. This way we can see the problem first hand and give you the best advice. To attach a file use the paper clip right beside the font color picker.

skotu
May 1st, 2010, 06:33 PM
I created a USB Startup disk using the 9.10 live cd. After booting up the USB stick, all software I wanted to install showed up as "Not available in current data". Nothing would install via the command line, synaptic package manager, or the software center.

I ran
sudo apt-get update (which on other threads has fixed the problem for many people) but that didn't fix the problem for me.

I went to System > Administration > Software Sources and the Community-maintained Open Source Software (universe) repository was not selected. I selected this along with the rest of them and changed the server to somewhere closer to my location.

That fixed it!