PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome[dev] now has integrated Flash Player

Knowle
March 30th, 2010, 11:05 PM
This is just the initial integration of Flash Player with Chrome in the developer channel. Now when Chrome is downloaded[dev] you'll get the latest version of Flash Player(10.1 beta 3) and updates for Flash can be pushed out as well. I'm kind of torn between liking it and hating it. Thoughts?

http://blog.chromium.org/2010/03/bringing-improved-support-for-adobe.html

Psumi
March 31st, 2010, 01:22 AM
10.1 has GPU accelerations right? I don't think my FireGL 9000 will be happy with that.

garvinrick4
March 31st, 2010, 01:37 AM
In Windows Google has figured a way to get into Windows Task Scheduler for a while now.
I have seen no other scheduled tasks except for Windows tasks. So it is probably nice for
Adobe to ride into Windows on Googles back. Will it effect Chromium the Linux browser?
Maybe effect the Google Linux OS when it comes out for sure. Not quite Open Source is it.
Was hoping to get html5 but what are you going to do.

dragos240
March 31st, 2010, 02:15 AM
So, is it in chromium too? If so, flash src code?

Cracauer
March 31st, 2010, 02:28 AM
I would have preferred if they put getting a HTML5 solution into the Chrome browser (to watch youtube) on the fast track.

Chromium OS comes with Flash standard for a while, BTW.

papangul
March 31st, 2010, 02:32 AM
I'm kind of torn between liking it and hating it. Thoughts?[/url]

It is sufficient if there is a button somewhere to disable flash, because the current state of the web is such that flash is indispensable; but it's a nuisance most of the time.

Knowle
March 31st, 2010, 04:30 AM
10.1 has GPU accelerations right? I don't think my FireGL 9000 will be happy with that.That's right, 10.1 has GPU acceleration. It will only work on supported cards as far as I'm aware. For example, http://www.nvidia.com/object/gpus_supporting_adobeflash.html

So, is it in chromium too? If so, flash src code?As of right now, I believe not.

It is sufficient if there is a button somewhere to disable flash, because the current state of the web is such that flash is indispensable; but it's a nuisance most of the time.Currently in the Dev channel you have to enable it with the --enable-internal-flash command line flag. In the future should you want to disable flash or any other plugin you can do so from the about: plugins page. With the help of Adobe the Chrome team plans on extending Chrome's sandbox to web pages with Flash content.