PDA

View Full Version : Smartphone as Bluetooth Mouse

theone964
March 30th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Hey guys i looked around and couldn't find something that would do what i wanted so i figured i'd ask on here if anyone know of anything that can

What i'm looking for: I looking to use my WM Smartphone as a mouse. I'd like to do this via bluetooth, so it would be a bluetooth mouse.

My phone is a HTC Tilt and my Desktop OS is Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Kola

I'm pretty sure that on a great operating system like this the software already exists but i can't find it.

On a side note i tried to use my ganyremote and it didn't work

whiskeylover
March 30th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I'd be interested in a wifi mouse. I have the tilt too.

forrestcupp
March 30th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Hey guys i looked around and couldn't find something that would do what i wanted so i figured i'd ask on here if anyone know of anything that can

What i'm looking for: I looking to use my WM Smartphone as a mouse. I'd like to do this via bluetooth, so it would be a bluetooth mouse.

My phone is a HTC Tilt and my Desktop OS is Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Kola

I'm pretty sure that on a great operating system like this the software already exists but i can't find it.

On a side note i tried to use my ganyremote and it didn't work

Lol. And I'd like to use my toaster as an airplane. :D

Is what you're asking even possible on any OS? How in the world would you use a phone as a mouse?

new_tolinux
March 30th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I don't know if it's yet possible in any OS.
I do know that some HTC's indeed have a tilt-function, and there are some HTC games which actually use that movement-sensor as "input".

Since the phone also comes with bluetooth-capabilities, it should theoretically not be impossible to use your phone as a mouse.
But I'm no developer for Windows Mobile or for Linux, and I'm pretty sure my PHP knowledge isn't going to turn it into a mouse.

Glucklich
March 30th, 2010, 09:51 PM

Is what you're asking even possible on any OS? How in the world would you use a phone as a mouse?

Less sarcasm, more imagination. Stay with me for a minute.

HTC makes touchscreen phones, right? Connect your phone to the PC via Bluetooth. Use the touchscreen ability to move the computer's mouse pointer, which will give it range. Connect the PC to the TV, while having the phone in your hand. Surf the web while siting in the sofa. Why doesn't he get a wireless mouse? I don't know. But keep in mind that the touchscreen has more potential than a simple mouse. Maybe insert a small QWERTY too? I don't know...

Austin25
March 30th, 2010, 09:54 PM
You would need to build both a custom bluetooth server for computer and custom smartphone app. Anything is possible, just to what extent you put effort.

whiskeylover
March 30th, 2010, 10:13 PM

Logitech already has an app for the iPhone over wifi. You use your iPhone as a touch pad and it moves the cursor on the screen.

Is it really that difficult to implement?

whiskeylover
March 30th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I don't know if it's yet possible in any OS.
I do know that some HTC's indeed have a tilt-function, and there are some HTC games which actually use that movement-sensor as "input".

Since the phone also comes with bluetooth-capabilities, it should theoretically not be impossible to use your phone as a mouse.
But I'm no developer for Windows Mobile or for Linux, and I'm pretty sure my PHP knowledge isn't going to turn it into a mouse.

He's not looking to use it as a mouse per se. He wants to use it as a touchpad. I'm looking for something similar. I know iPhone has it (I know because its installed on my wife's iPhone). I want something similar on a winmo device.

theone964
March 30th, 2010, 10:19 PM
wow look at the interest i generated lol.

ok the tilt already has a qwerty keyboard both in the software and hardware.
I've seen other apps do this kinda thing on windows and i even read of an app to do this using Android on the phone
http://www.sizzledcore.com/2010/03/15/remotedroid-use-android-phone-as-keyboardmouse/

Glucklich
March 30th, 2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.sizzledcore.com/2010/03/15/remotedroid-use-android-phone-as-keyboardmouse/

Ooooooh yeah! This is ******* AWESOME!

new_tolinux
March 30th, 2010, 11:03 PM
He's not looking to use it as a mouse per se. He wants to use it as a touchpad. I'm looking for something similar. I know iPhone has it (I know because its installed on my wife's iPhone). I want something similar on a winmo device.
Please explain where I read this the wrong way in the first post:

theone964
March 31st, 2010, 01:17 AM
Ooooooh yeah! This is ******* AWESOME!

are u saying this just from reading or are u giving it a try?

i wanna be able to do without installing Andriod on my phone

theone964
March 31st, 2010, 01:27 AM

sorry new_tolinux, whiskeylover had it right I'm looking more for what he said, a touchpad but via bluetooth. If i'm not mistaken then the Iphone's one works through the internet, I don't have internet on my phone so I want to use bluetooth

whiskeylover
March 31st, 2010, 01:59 PM
sorry new_tolinux, whiskeylover had it right I'm looking more for what he said, a touchpad but via bluetooth. If i'm not mistaken then the Iphone's one works through the internet, I don't have internet on my phone so I want to use bluetooth

theone, the iPhone app works for servers on the LAN. You don't need internet on your Tilt. All you need is to connect it to your wireless router and you'd be able to control all servers on your LAN.

whiskeylover
March 31st, 2010, 02:00 PM

I didn't say you read it wrong. Get the sand out please.