PDA

View Full Version : Crash Reporting

bonfire89
March 30th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Hello,

I'm an intermediate-ish linux/ubuntu user. I was wondering what I should be doing with launchpad/bug reports.

I'm intimidated by launchpad and not sure if I should be submitting bug reports when the system alerts me of a crash.

I am unsure because I am not an expert and thus I am not really able to provide information or insight. But, since I am not a beginner I'm comfortable running commands and retrieving further information that a more experienced user may ask for.

Is it okay to submit the crash reports while not being an expert/being able to provide speculation/insight/wisdom and so on... and just submitting whatever is submitted automatically?

I want to submit whatever I can if it will help linux/ubuntu and the community but I don't want to get in the way.

Also, when I do submit to launchpad it isn't because I'm necessarily looking to solve the issue immediately, but merely just reporting it so people know. If I need and issue resolved I usually use other means to do so.

Thanks

sydbat
March 30th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I'm with you on this. I too feel somewhat intimidated by Launchpad, but would still like to submit bugs that present themselves.

If anyone could clarify for the OP and others like us, please do.

Frogs Hair
March 30th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Hi,

You can search the bug list @launchpad Ubuntu bug list ,it should part of your search engine package.
and if your problem hasn't been reported feel free to do so.