PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to enable network driver (LAN) in my ASUS k42jr

jestonijohn
March 30th, 2010, 12:08 AM
hi all!, i have bought a new Asus k42jr notebook with no OS. Ihave an old version of an ubuntu cd 7.04. i have installed the cd successfully but it does not recognize the network adapter (lan), audio driver and the bluetooth. how can I enable my LAN so that i can upgrade my Ubuntu to the newest version. BTW, i use another another notebook to check on how to enable my network driver. - this notebook has no cd writer installed and the new laptop does not allow me to boot from the USB. hope you could help
thanks!!

gordintoronto
March 30th, 2010, 02:59 AM
The version of Ubuntu you have is no longer supported, you really need a more recent version.

Are you certain the wireless is not supported? Another post says that it works, but perhaps that is with a later version of Ubuntu. If the wireless works, do you know how to connect to a wireless router?

jestonijohn
March 30th, 2010, 07:38 AM
geez stupid me! good thing the old version of ubuntu still recognizes my DVDburner on my laptop- i transferred the iso file of the new ubuntu and burned it on the laptop. let me reinstall the new version, crossing fingers!!!