PDA

View Full Version : How many of us only use Windows for gaming?

gavintlgold
March 29th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I'm wondering how many other Ubuntu users are so satisfied with the Ubuntu experience that they would ditch Windows entirely, if only the computer games worked on it?

What with Valve announcing an OpenGL version of the Source engine it seems like serious Linux gaming may be just around the corner. I personally would have no need to use Windows anymore if the Valve games were available on Ubuntu (without WINE which is not a true, bug-free port).

doas777
March 29th, 2010, 09:58 PM
that and .net when I have need of it.

Psumi
March 29th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I'd use debian instead if everything worked on linux.

donkyhotay
March 29th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Linux actually satisfies all my gaming needs. Admittedly the only commercial game I really play is starcraft and I use wine for that. Other games I play are either FOSS, or java based.

Phrea
March 29th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I don't game.

Crunchy the Headcrab
March 29th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I don't game, but I do use other windows programs for school (office, visualstudio, visio, sql server). I should say I USUALLY don't game. Every once in a while I feel the need to reinstall some Steam games such as Team Fortress 2 or Mass Effect.

Doctor Mike
March 29th, 2010, 11:34 PM
No XP still has some life and it owes me hundreds of hours of fault free service for having spent that much time making it work right. Don't play games much...

NovaAesa
March 29th, 2010, 11:44 PM
I only game on my xbox. No windows for me!

tica vun
March 29th, 2010, 11:47 PM
All my games work in ubuntu.

FuturePilot
March 30th, 2010, 01:10 AM
That's my only use for Windows. Everything else I use Ubuntu for.

_h_
March 30th, 2010, 01:20 AM
I've got problems playing my main game, World of Warcraft, on Ubuntu due to my intel graphics card, but it's still decently playable after tweaks.

And most other games I play now are native linux clients, like AssaultCube/UrbanTerror and other FPS from the ubuntu repos.

blueshiftoverwatch
March 30th, 2010, 01:42 AM
I have Windows installed for gaming. It's not that I couldn't get most of the games running decently on Linux through WINE. It's just that I'm kinda lazy.

themarker0
March 30th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Livezilla. gaming, skyping (microphone not liking linux :P) thats it.