PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Are these EXT4 related problems?

hihihi100
March 29th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Hi there:

I might have been too triumphalistic when cheering about my successful upgrade to GRUB2 and EXT4... What follows is what I believe are some problems that might be related to GRUB2 still being a beta. I say might because Im not sure if it has or has nothing to do with this new file format:

Every time I write something in this forum, there are problems related to quotes ("). If, for instance, I use quotations, I can only type 6 more characters before the cursor automatically sets itself to the beginning of the line. Id like to know if any of you has had this same problem

I write in both English and Chinese, so I have SCIM installed and in use. Everytime I log in that little square (SCIM) that allows me to change the input method I use disappears, and only appears in the screen when clicking on Firefox.

I also use Noscript, this addon doesnt show any icon, but functions normally: the main icon is there, but in every allow/forbid line, the icons are gone, though there is a space left, the space where the icons are supposed to be.

Do u know ICQ? A quite popular IRC. Well, I can load it but I cannot write absolutely anything. I can copy and paste letters, but the keyboard wont work. Note that I use the ICQ website, not any downloaded version of it. Could it be a language pack related problem?

Thats all so far

psusi
March 29th, 2010, 08:20 PM
The questions you asked have nothing to do with grub2 or ext4.

hihihi100
March 29th, 2010, 08:32 PM
well, that, at the same time, is a relief and a worry...