PDA

View Full Version : nice browser benchmarks

sxmaxchine
March 29th, 2010, 06:58 PM
i have used opera for about a year now and i must say i realy like it, and now there is more reason why everyone can enjoy it.

Look at this (http://my.opera.com/portalnews/blog/2010/03/22/opera-10-51-released-the-fastest-browser-just-got-faster)

also IE8 did great :P (i was being sarcastic if you didn't catch on)

Psumi
March 29th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Midori 0.2.4 passes the Acid3 test (100/100) but cannot complete the Peacemaker tests for browsers (Page hangs on 2/6: Social Networking; browser itself does not hang.)

Phrea
March 29th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I'm a long time Opera user, but I think that benchmarks posted on manufacturers sites are always questionable.

EDIT: besides that, 10.51 [or .50 for that matter] is STILL not available for Linux.

sxmaxchine
March 29th, 2010, 07:44 PM
sad that it isnt on linux i always liked the fact that opera worked on everything and not just computers but hopefully it will be available for linux by the time i buy myself a new power supply and can use my linux pc.

cguy
March 29th, 2010, 07:57 PM
sad that it isnt on linux i always liked the fact that opera worked on everything and not just computers but hopefully it will be available for linux by the time i buy myself a new power supply and can use my linux pc.

Not even the beta is out.

Linuxforall
March 29th, 2010, 08:37 PM
The deb file is out for Opera 10.52 alpha reflecting latest Carakan engine used in their Windows and Mac version, I have it running for hours and apart from occasional glitches, it runs flawlessly and performs quicker than the latest Chrome beta installed on my Karmic x64.

Lightstar
March 29th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Opera has always been bugy and crashing on me :(

I stick with firefox, I have a few add-ons I couldn't live without.

If I switched, I would probably be going to Chrome / Chromium. Which I already use on netbook.