PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] /usr/include/uuid/uuid.h is missing

Skaperen
March 29th, 2010, 06:42 PM
The file uuid/uuid.h is needed by a program I'm trying to compile (because there is no Ubuntu package for it). I searched for that here and found one thread from 2007 that suggested it was part of the e2fsprogs package:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=343871&highlight=uuid.h

In Slackware, /usr/include/uuid/uuid.h is part of e2fsprogs there, too. But in Ubuntu 9.10, e2fsprogs does not have that file at all.

So where did it go? How do I get it? Knowing what it is, I know it should be important to a few programs. Is it in some other package, now?

srs5694
March 29th, 2010, 07:55 PM
You need to install a development/header package. In Ubuntu, this package is called uuid-dev.

Skaperen
March 30th, 2010, 12:29 AM
You need to install a development/header package. In Ubuntu, this package is called uuid-dev.
Thanks, that got it!

I guess what I need now is a list of what files are provided in all Ubuntu packages ... without having to actually install every one of them and run "dpkg -L" or some equivalent on each .deb file (and avoid having do download them all). I'll ask in another thread when I figure out which section is appropriate for that. I'm wanting to create a correlation index between various distributions that show the relationship of "what package do I install in distribution X to get all the stuff from package Y in distribution Z".