PDA

View Full Version : Is "Linsux" a credible source for information?

jfloydb
March 29th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Is the information that one might glean from the Linsux (http://www.linsux.org/forum/) forum credible? Particularly when it has to do with Ubuntu, Canonical, or Linux in general? I mean, when one gets past all the lulz, are the criticisms of Ubuntu, and where Ubuntu might be headed, in any way valid? What do you think?

Hman242
March 29th, 2010, 07:58 AM
I would have to say no.

Mr. Picklesworth
March 29th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Linsux is strictly a satire of the zealotry present in this community, but that has no bearing for or against any zealotry on their own part.

Beyond that... dude, it's a web forum! Web forums are never credible ;)

If you are searching for a verifiably credible source, consider crediting the specific author of a post (maybe it's someone who has done something else of note) or a standalone published article, or check Wikipedia (tip: the references at the bottom of articles can be awesome).

Meep3D
March 29th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I don't think there ever exists a single source of credible information. The secret to staying informed is to read multiple sources of information and make your own mind up. Reading Linsux will only improve your understanding.

Generally, as a rule, if someone wants to suppress or ban information it is because they find it hard to justify their own position and stance - which is why censorship tends to go hand in hand with oppressive governments.

schauerlich
March 29th, 2010, 08:56 AM
In before lock/Kiwi/intersite wars/quoting the Cafe's banner...

collinp
March 29th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Kiwi

Wait, what?

Anyway, no, Linsux is not a very credible source of information.