PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Cairo-Dock issues

Mike1056
March 29th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I'm making my Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit look like a Mac OS X Leopard. There are only two more things to do and then just add icons to my dock. Those two things are as follows: I need to make it so that the dock is always anchored underneath all other applications so that when they're maximized, they don't cover over the dock. Not layered underneath, think more in terms of 2D. Also, I need to have the dock boot up at start up. Those are the only two things that I need to d to get the look the way I want. There really is very little that distinguishes this as an Ubuntu distro. The Applications, Places, and System menus are still there as is the workspace switcher and volume control, and there's no search on it, but otherwise, it looks like a Mac! Any help would be greatly appreciated! You can always add me on yim as KatieKelly10562008 or msn messenger as KatieKelly1056. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Mike1056
March 29th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Wooohooo!! I did it, I did it, I did it, I did it!!!!! Anyway, it was just a matter of making sure it was in my start u programs. The dock doesn't get covered if I maximize a window and that's kinda sorta' really important to me! Now if I can just get it to play DVDs, I'm home free and my joy will be made complete!