PDA

View Full Version : DFW Air Port ads being served by Windows.

Wiebelhaus
March 28th, 2010, 12:05 AM
My buddy spotted this at DFW air port , Windows can't even run ads well. lol
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_fV49O9FSzXI/S66MZWdb8BI/AAAAAAAABjA/-USnTg0XYPw/s640/Oopsy%20%40%20DFW.jpg

Phrea
March 28th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Always nice to see. :)

Wiebelhaus
March 28th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Always nice to see. :)

Yes , yes it is. That's why I had to share it.

_h_
March 28th, 2010, 12:14 AM
I wonder how many people saw that, stopped and laughed.

Wiebelhaus
March 28th, 2010, 12:21 AM
I wonder how many people saw that, stopped and laughed.

Probably a bunch of mac users , lol.

_h_
March 28th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Probably a bunch of mac users , lol.

And can't forget Linux people. ;)

Wiebelhaus
March 28th, 2010, 12:25 AM
And can't forget Linux people. ;)

But Of Course!

And hey! your from my favorite state!

Cheers.

_h_
March 28th, 2010, 12:25 AM
But Of Course!

And hey! your from my favorite state!

Cheers.

And hey you're from the state where I was stationed while I was in the Army. :D

sports fan Matt
March 28th, 2010, 12:54 AM
When I fly from there in the next 2 weeks, I'll have to look as well for others. That is my home airport.

TheGhoul
March 28th, 2010, 07:49 PM
This is "the buddy".

My family & I were waiting on standby, due to a certain airline causing us to miss our connecting flight, when I spotted this on one of their ad displays.

I thought "dang, no wonder they can't get their flights in on time if they can't even get an ad to run, sheesh."

I felt compelled to take this shot.

:D

Btw, greetings all, total Ubuntu noob here, but trying to get up to speed.

juancarlospaco
March 28th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Dont worry the airplane runs on Linux...

Wiebelhaus
March 30th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Dont worry the airplane runs on Linux...

haha! I certainly hope so.

hansdown
March 30th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Welcome to the forum TheGhoul.

Warpnow
March 30th, 2010, 12:24 AM
*sighs* That kind of thing is perfect for linux. You could use an embedded solution on a computer that costs like $100 to build and $2/month in electricity costs. Instead, in order to meet windows specs, they probably have a machine that costs $500 and runs on $20/month of electricity.

Imagine, all they need is a super simple script to cycle through pictures in a folder. Just ftp in and drop the pictures into the folder when you want to change ads.

Its like those kiosk machines I see so much. Usually a dell optiplex running windows XP and in full screen browser mode...why buy a windows license to just run a browser?

Wiebelhaus
March 30th, 2010, 12:28 AM
*sighs* That kind of thing is perfect for linux. You could use an embedded solution on a computer that costs like $100 to build and $2/month in electricity costs. Instead, in order to meet windows specs, they probably have a machine that costs $500 and runs on $20/month of electricity.

Imagine, all they need is a super simple script to cycle through pictures in a folder. Just ftp in and drop the pictures into the folder when you want to change ads.

Its like those kiosk machines I see so much. Usually a dell optiplex running windows XP and in full screen browser mode...why buy a windows license to just run a browser?

I'm hoping that Android will change all that waste.

Wiebelhaus
March 30th, 2010, 06:58 PM
This is "the buddy".

My family & I were waiting on standby, due to a certain airline causing us to miss our connecting flight, when I spotted this on one of their ad displays.

I thought "dang, no wonder they can't get their flights in on time if they can't even get an ad to run, sheesh."

I felt compelled to take this shot.

:D

Btw, greetings all, total Ubuntu noob here, but trying to get up to speed.

Hey! Welcome! , This dudes a MSDOS guru so he'll catch on quick.