PDA

View Full Version : wireless trouble HP Mini 210 UNR

Chuancey
March 27th, 2010, 10:45 PM
I've just installed UNR on my HP mini 210. The wireless is not working. When I boot the netbook up in Window 7 it connect fine. I followed the documentation instructions and performed a "device recognition" test. In the terminal window it said "unclaimed" which apparently means there's no driver loaded(?) I can't find instructions on how to fix this. Sorry if this is really basic. I've been searching the forums and documentation and can't figure out how to fix this problem. I would really appreciate any help. Please keep in mind that I'm a total newbie.
Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Alterax
April 5th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I think I can help you with this. I have the exact same model of netbook, and had the exact same problem. Here's what you will need to do:

Put in the netbook remix USB stick that you installed it from. Go into it with the file manager and into the pool directory, then to restricted. There's a folder in it called "b". Go into it. Dig around until you find a file called bcmwl-kernel-source.deb (or something like that. bcmwl in the name's what you are looking for.) Double-click on it to run the installer. You'll need to give it your password.

Once the installation on it is finished, do a reboot. (not strictly necessary but old habits die hard), When you log back in, go to SYSTEM > ADMINISTRATION > HARDWARE DRIVERS. You'll need to enable the driver.

Then you're done, and good times will be had by all.

russet_wolf
May 10th, 2010, 12:55 AM
I have a similar issue, except when I launch the installer, I get "Status: Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: dkms" What does this mean and what can I do to fix it?

pdc
May 10th, 2010, 06:02 AM
OK.... after another quick google. I found a DKMS package at

http://packages.ubuntu.com/da/karmic/dkms

That installed fine and allowed me to install the driver package with no issues.

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1305296.html

you would look in karmic repositories? or intrepid if they still exist ..........

use synaptic? search on dkms