PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation Not Working

Wegs
March 27th, 2010, 07:46 PM
I've recently been trying to get more into other operating systems than windows, and Ubuntu seemed like the best place to start. Unfortunately, it isn't installing. When I boot from the live CD, it boots properly, giving me the various choices of what to do next. However, once I select any of the options, the screen turns black as if it's loading my choice, and stays like that. It doesn't go any farther. I also tried installing it using Wubi, which worked until I tried to boot, at which point it froze in an identical way as it was booting the login screen. I even tried unetbootin, where it was exactly like Wubi, except the sound Ubuntu plays when it boots played, although the screen was still dark.

Having no experience with Ubuntu whatsoever, I need some help. My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1464 running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit. 3.80 GB usable RAM, and it's processor is an Intel Core i3, 2.13 GHz. Any help is appreciated, and I can post any more information needed if I'm told how to get it. thanks!

MachaHack
March 29th, 2010, 08:30 PM
What graphics card does it have?

MachaHack
March 29th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Searching the forums finds this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1421611 . Your graphics card isn't supported apparently.