PDA

View Full Version : any app lauched are maximized, how to get them non maximized

phi.ubu
March 27th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Hi All
Just installed a new ubuntu netbook remix, all app that I launch, for instance an xterm, comes maximized, how to setup up the desktop so things don't come up maximised.

Cheers,
Phi

spiderbatdad
March 27th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums.
Go into System>>Preferences>>Startup Applications. Uncheck "Maximus Window Manager."
UNR is definitely a little different. ctrl-alt <left or right arrow> is a nice feature for moving in and out of separate workspaces.

phi.ubu
March 28th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Hi Spider dad,

Thanx much, it was a bit counter intuitive that this window behavior was driven by ab application, I did enter this menu (as I scaned all) red some progs and decided that a prog (app) couldn't help me !

BTW, I didn't looked yet, but can we remove the same way the global background menu (favorite, file&folder, etc..) and put them back in the toplevel panel (ala debian) ?

Cheers,
Phi

It is perfect.
Cheers,
Phi

phi.ubu
March 28th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I discover the panel part for how to setup the gnome main menu into the panel, yet I want to kill the ubuntu global one, I'll check this later, I am about set now for a new era on ubuntu :)

Cheers,
Phi